Hit and Run

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
I think you are right Jonny, as a society we are far too litigious these days, and looking for an angle for complaint/claim when they need to take responsibility for their own actions.

In this case I believe the driver should be brought to task, but I have avoided pushing the police too hard so far, on the basis they have told me they are looking at it, but things that could and should have been done quickly haven't been.

I'm not very good at complaining either!

I don't really have time to become obsessed with this, but whenever I think about it it does annoy me that I'm left in limbo and the driver thinks she is in the clear - so far.

Will keep you posted....
Please do keep us updated, its a rotten thing to have happen and I hope you get a resolution.

I think your attitude toward the driver is very balanced, good for you, I also think that you are totally right to want to bring the driver to task, for the reasons that you mention...not the collision..but the attitude afterwards

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Allow the Police to proceed, however they will finally do nothing, so if you have not already done so, get the private prosecution underway

Some years ago i was also in a hit and run in a bus lane. Luckily a couple of black cabs saw what happened and boxed the car in.
We removed his keys, he was obviously drunk and also obviously blind in one eye, so I very much doubt he was insured
We called the Police, you would have thought an easy nick,
  • Attempted murder
  • Drink Driving
  • Driving in a bus lane
  • Leaving the scene of an accident
  • Uninsured
  • No licence
need I go on......?

Answer the Question
A) Did the police attend and prosecute
B) Did the Police, after a number of calls over an hour and a half, eventually ask us to hand back the keys, and then send a standard letter saying there was no case to answer as I was not admitted to hospital
No way!!

Top Bottom