Hit and runs Cardiff

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

potsy

Rambler
Was reading this a little earlier, unbelievable :ohmy:

philinmerthyr

Über Member
One dead, 2 seriously injured and 10 others with non life threatening injuries. Cardiff was chaos. Can't understand why someone would do that. Lots of the injured were kids.

Unbelievable.

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
Things like this have happened before, but with guns or knives. This time it's a vehicle. Just a different choice of weapon (one that's easy to obtain).

Arch

Married to Night Train
The driver'll probably get a fine for careless driving, and plead that he mustn't get a ban or how will he feed his children?

(Although I've seen a report that he's charged with murder, so it is being taken seriously)

OP
OP
M

Milo

Guru
Seems to be being taken seriously. It could have been a whole lot worse by the sounds if it. Even so a 32 year old woman has died and several of the victims were children. FFS children. Would not be surprised if the voices told him to do it or some bull.

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
Seems to be being taken seriously. It could have been a whole lot worse by the sounds if it. Even so a 32 year old woman has died and several of the victims were children. FFS children. Would not be surprised if the voices told him to do it or some bull.
????

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
Maybe the sun was in his eyes and he was temporarily blinded 12 times.

sarcasm and frustration at the p*ss poor service dead/injured cyclists get within the law aside though. RIP and speedy recovery to those run down. I hope he gets the sentence that such calculated and randomly inflicted violence deserves.

If it were a madman with a gun, there would be all sorts of inquiries into better regulation of the licencing of items easily capable of killing to just anyone and police crackdowns on such weaponry. Do we think this will spark such a debate about driving licences or a crackdown on the sort of driving that can do this to innocent people on bikes, foot or in other vehicles every day?

TVC

About 5 years ago in Leicester a woman drove her car at high speed down Saffron Lane. She lost control and crashed into a family taking the kids to school. The mother and grandmother were pushed through a metal railing fence egg slicer style, the children escaped physically unharmed. The driver as it turned out was severely mentally ill and was, in her mind, fleeing from people trying to kill her. It was the Leicestershire health authority ultimately to blame because they mishandled the treatment of the woman who should have been in a secure unit rather than discharged home with no supervision.

The younger woman killed was the daughter in law of one of my work colleagues.

We don't know what happened in Cardiff yesterday, but don't dismiss mental illness as bull.

OP
OP
M

Milo

Guru
About 5 years ago in Leicester a woman drove her car at high speed down Saffron Lane. She lost control and crashed into a family taking the kids to school. The mother and grandmother were pushed through a metal railing fence egg slicer style, the children escaped physically unharmed. The driver as it turned out was severely mentally ill and was, in her mind, fleeing from people trying to kill her. It was the Leicestershire health authority ultimately to blame because they mishandled the treatment of the woman who should have been in a secure unit rather than discharged home with no supervision.

The younger woman killed was the daughter in law of one of my work colleagues.

We don't know what happened in Cardiff yesterday, but don't dismiss mental illness as bull.
I'm not.

OP
OP
M

Milo

Guru
I have assumed something I should not have I concede. Apologies it is clearly to early to assume anything. It is an annoyance of mine when people use mental issues in an attempt to gain the sympathy of the courts when they have no right to do so. Something I feel strongly about and have personal experience of yet do not wish to go into on a public forum. For what it is worth my mother is diagnosed with Schizophrenia I am well aware of the hardships of genuine mental illness. It was by no means a dig at those with genuine conditions.

Top Bottom