Hit in the face......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
Not a collision, but zooming down the Bristol Railway Path at some speed, I once scared a pigeon that flew parallel to me at head height for about 50 yards. Odd having a bird that close to me at the same speed, both eyeing each other about 4ft apart.

MrJamie

Oaf on a Bike
Pigeons are so dumb! A month or two ago I was zooming down a hill at 35mph and just before a level crossing theres a fat pigeon waiting there until im way too close to avoid him before he takes off into my path. I put my head down and i think he scuffed my helmet, was so close I was bracing for impact. :crazy:

Not hit a bird but last week on a track I use a crazy blackbird flew out of a hedge, flew for about 10 mtres under my BB - yes, between the wheels! - then shot off to the opposite hedge!

Crazy MoFo bird

RhythMick

Über Member
I got "rabbited" a few weeks ago. The sun was shining so it must have been a while ago. Nice country lane, stopped for a drink and to take in the view. Unclipped left foot. Rabbit runs out from under bush, sees me, jumps a foot in the air, runs back under bush. In parallel with which my reaction is "wtf is that" while falling gracelessly onto my right side where I'm still clipped.

Lots of blood running onto my shoes. Do I get sympathy from the family when I get home? No, just howls of laughter at the "Dad got rabbited" story ...

rb58

Enigma
Not a collision, but zooming down the Bristol Railway Path at some speed, I once scared a pigeon that flew parallel to me at head height for about 50 yards. Odd having a bird that close to me at the same speed, both eyeing each other about 4ft apart.
That's happened to me too. A very odd experience. That was on the same day I passed a shirtless bloke in a kilt playing bagpipes in the middle of a field on the downs above Westerham. At about 6.30am. Surreal.

citybabe

Keep Calm and OMG.......CAKES!!
Pigeons are so dumb!

you would think that after millions of years of evolution pigeons would have gained a bit of sense by now

A pigeon once refused to yield to me whilst I was on a blue light run. It ended up smashing the plastic blue cover off the lights on one side, and I had a white/blue light run for the rest of it.

After the job, I went back to the same road, and found the plastic light covering still in the street, mostly unbroken (just a small crack) and reclipped it on, none the worse bar a few feathers.

Unfortunately all the kings horses and all the kings men couldn't put pigeon together again.

Top Bottom