Hit on the head by a pedestrian

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

buggi

Bird Saviour
ColinJ said:
What! So if a passenger shot somebody out of a car window, the driver could just say "Sorry, I'm not going to tell you who the gunman was"? Surely they wouldn't get away with that! :sad:

pathetic isn't it. they just can't be bothered.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
buggi said:
i've had my ass slapped 3 times by blokes in passing cars. The last one I reported but the police said they couldn't do anything because the driver wouldn't admit who his passenger was. What happened to the driver being responsible for his passengers and ensuring he gives plenty of room for an overtake???

p!sses me off no end.

This sort of thing makes me angry. I was raised to be a gent to women and I get angry when men do stuff like that. Fair enough talk about things behind closed doors, but you dont assault people.

I had a workmate full-on grab my arse a couple of years back in front of all my colleages. I was not at all interested in her and said firmly "If I did that to you, you would have me in front of the boss faster than the speed of sound for sexual misconduct"

She got a telling off from the women there too, which was worse than what I could ever have dished out.

buggi

Bird Saviour
The thing is, head or ass, it's not funny when you're on the receiving end.

The reason i was particularly angry and reported those ones, and not the others, was because they used what i think was their car manual to do it. I think the police didn't think it was very serious, but had not long got over a broken collar bone and i was nervous as hell on my bike as it was.

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
fimm - Hope you've recovered from the shock, what a very strange thing to do! Luckily these incidents are very rare, I've had guys shout and throw things at me from cars passing far too closely, but only a handful of times that I remember since moving to Edinburgh 16 years ago... The missives (coke/beer cans) never hit me, and I had always seen it coming, so had enough warning and could hold the bike steady rather than wobble around for their amusement :sad:.

Out of interest - which hill are you refering to?

T

Norm

buggi said:
i've had my ass slapped 3 times by blokes in passing cars.
I had a strange one yesterday.

A car, which had followed me for a few hundred metres on a busy road, turned onto the same smaller road that I took. The car slowed as it drew level, I was ready for all sorts of s**t but the chap in the passenger seat said "She (pointing to driver) reckons you've got a nice bottom!"

All sorts of things went through my mind, from "Let's see her's then" to "Pull up so we can compare" to the basic "Why, thanks". All that came out was a cross between a choking cough, a girlie snigger and a half-swallowed "What the ****!" :sad:

The car drove off but, about 200m later I go round the next corner to see that the car has been held up by a girl riding a horse. Although there was a part of me that wanted to catch them and continue the discussion, I saved everyone's blushes by slowing right down. :laugh:

Oh, and the girl on the horse wasn't wearing any trousers. :biggrin: That's not something you see every day. :laugh:

martint235

Dog on a bike
buggi said:
i've had my ass slapped 3 times by blokes in passing cars. The last one I reported but the police said they couldn't do anything because the driver wouldn't admit who his passenger was. What happened to the driver being responsible for his passengers and ensuring he gives plenty of room for an overtake???

p!sses me off no end.

According to the law, the driver of a motor vehicle is responsible for all the actions of the occupants of that vehicle (except, strangely, the wearing of a seatbelt which is personal responsibility!!)

M

potsy

Rambler
Spending the day at the LBS,out-riding MTBiker off road,comments from girls in a car,and now a trouser-less horse rider. Norm you have the best life ever:biggrin:

Norm

I have to confess that the trouser-less girl was a bit of a surprise and a heck of a double-take.

Most jodhpurs are cream, which is close to flesh colour, so I was right next to her when I spotted that there was no seam on the outside of her leg. The glance back.... well, revealed the truth.

And, for the record, the car passenger who commented was a chap. The driver wasn't, though. :becool:

OP
OP
fimm

fimm

Veteran
I think the man was drunk. Youngish bloke, stripped to the waist, tattoos. When I started shouting at him he just yelled something incomprehensible at me - and then I decided that getting into more of a confrontation would be a bad idea, and cycled off.

Happened on the bridge over the railway at Livingston North station - I was heading for the station to get on the train back to Edinburgh (my regular commute - hence the Brompton).

I was wondering if he would have done the same if I hadn't been wearing a helmet - possibly not, or possibly he wouldn't have hit me so hard. If I hadn't been wearing a helmet and he'd hit me that hard it would have been very unpleasant.

Oh, and I'm 100% Scottish - we're not all strange....

Buggi - I've never been hit on the bum, and hope it never happens to me - I think that would be much more unpleasant than being hit on the head.

Helly79

buggi said:

p!sses me off no end.

I once had my bum slapped by a bloke whilst I was waiting for a bus with my mum, I turn around and gave him a really funny look then he got embarrassed as he thought I was someone else ROFL but never been slapped by blokes in cars though they sound like prats.

Top Bottom