Hitler on YouTube

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Haitch

Flim Flormally
YouTube are apparently going to remove all the spoof Downfall clips of Hitler going into Blitzkrieg mode.

Worth a clip in its own right.

Their loss. I think the Downfall production team gets a bit sniffy about it - German humour is no laughing matter!

(FWIW, I speak German fluently, have lived there, and actually think German humour is very subtle and very, very funny).

PaulB

Legendary Member
Q: What's the difference between a German and a shopping trolley?

A: A shopping trolley has a mind of its own.

Why are there so many tree lined streets and leafy lanes in France?

Germans like to march in the shade.

After much discussion as to where the capital of the new Germany should be -- Bonn or Berlin -- a compromise was struck: Paris.

Belgium's national motto:

Belgium: Gateway to France!

Q: How did the Germans conquer Poland so fast?

A: They marched in backwards and the Polish thought they were leaving.

Q: What is the difference between the Dresden bombing and Germany's best comedian?

A: Only the first one can make you smile.

Heard about the new German-Chinese restaurant? The food is great, but an hour later, you're hungry for power.

Q: Have you heard about the new German microwave ?

A: It's got ten seats inside.

Q: What do you get when you cross a Mexican and a German?

A: A Beaner-Schnitzel

"Two Martinis, bitte."

"Dry?"

"Nein, I said TWO!"

Do you know why Germans build such high-quality products?

So they won't have to go around being nice while they fix them.

Knock Knock

Who's there?

Gestapo

Gestapo who?

Ve Vill ask ze Questions!

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Alan H said:
YouTube are apparently going to remove all the spoof Downfall clips of Hitler going into Blitzkrieg mode.

Worth a clip in its own right.

I was amused to read in the report on this y'day that apparently one of the first was AH reading the football scores and reacting to the news that Sheffield Utd were getting relegated!;)

Twenty Inch said:
Their loss. I think the Downfall production team gets a bit sniffy about it - German humour is no laughing matter!

I read that the writer and producer enjoyed watching all of the parodies that were made. (http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/11/19/downfall_meme/)

This seems like it is the fault of some automatic copyright protection software in use by youtube blocking them all.

Not a good thing, because parodies are protected by law, specifically to protect them against copyright claims.

Proto

Legendary Member
Twenty Inch said:

(FWIW, I speak German fluently, have lived there, and actually think German humour is very subtle and very, very funny).

You'll be telling me next that 'Dinner for One' is a classic :laugh:

Dan B

Disengaged member
2Loose said:
Not a good thing, because parodies are protected by law, specifically to protect them against copyright claims.
In the US, yes. In the UK, as I understand it, sadly not. They have "fair use" provisions, we merely have the far more limited "fair dealing", which doesn't provide any specific protections for parody.

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
I heard the Director talking about it yesterday on PM on Radio4. He loved the parodies - I think it's the film's production company that have ordered the removal of all the clips because they see them as piracy / copyright violation.

Shame really - it's a fantastic ad for a stunning film, which many people have since sought out and watched because of the parody.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Well, it's about time. It's getting very, very boring now. And very few of the parodies were actually funny anyway, at least most of them after the first 30 or so...

Flying_Monkey said:
Well, it's about time. It's getting very, very boring now. And very few of the parodies were actually funny anyway, at least most of them after the first 30 or so...

"Everyone who isn't Flying Monkey or a lumberjack, get out of the room now"

MacLean

The one were he discovers pokemon arent real is brilliant!

And yes I got this film on DVD only because of the youtube funnies. So I definetly think they done more good than harm!

Klaus

Twenty Inch said:

Yes we take our humour very seriously ....
I am not amused ....

Top Bottom