Hmm should I take the bike

Discussion in 'Commuting' started by MrGrumpy, 31 Jan 2008.

1. MrGrumpy

MrGrumpy Huge Member

Wonder if i should take the bike tonight ?

Not f in likely :biggrin:

2. goo_mason

goo_mason Champion barbed-wire hurdler

(Jumping in before Magnatom)

Ya big jessie !!! :biggrin:

It was a thrilling ride home tonight from work. Fantastic fun, though there was no snowstorm, just sleet / hail; I was bloody disappointed. I've still never ridden through a snowfall :sad:

3. OP
    OP
    MrGrumpy

MrGrumpy Huge Member

well I was seriously considering it after my long detour home this morning via stirling after my nightshift however that bridge tonight will be well dodgy and I hate the train :biggrin:

4. Yeah that ride was thrilling but I wouldn't fancy that bridge. What I do when it to blowy is to cycle to Dalmeny, take the train to Inverkiething and then cycle to Dunfermline. When I used to do this as a commute it was quite good as it lets the rush clear and I only once had to buy a ticket :biggrin:

5. bonj2

bonj2 Guest

it was on the radio that the firth road bridge was only open to cars today, does this cause a problem for tetedelacourse, being as he does, live right in the middle of it?

6. OP
    OP
    MrGrumpy

MrGrumpy Huge Member

well my neighbour gets a lift over the bridge by the forth road bridge maintenance guys in the wind when its closed. He was over it today but he is radio mental, me i`m whimping out.

7. Tetedelacourse

Tetedelacourse New Member

Yes it was problematic. On days like that I'm forced to use my Grifter* to get to and from my hovel midway across the bridge.

*the heaviest bike known to man.

8. OP
    OP
    MrGrumpy

MrGrumpy Huge Member

lol i remember putting a hole in the side of a Datsun when i was about 12 and my weapon of choice a grifter :smile: dont make them like that anymore !

9. magnatom

magnatom Guest

Um er, actually I umm er chickened out on the way home last night and got a lift home from the in-laws (who are visiting at the moment).:smile:

Seriously though the weather last night was crazy in Glasgow. Very heavy rain, gale force winds etc. I would have been crazy to cycle home in that.

I left the bike at work and got a lift in this morning. Hopefully things will settle down a bit for tonight. I've never know winds like this to last this long...:biggrin:

10. Tetedelacourse

Tetedelacourse New Member

blizzards have just arrived in Edinburgh

11. There not in George st yet but it looks very dark

12. domtyler

domtyler Über Member

Can I say it? :smile:

13. magnatom

magnatom Guest

Oh go on then...:biggrin:

14. goo_mason

goo_mason Champion barbed-wire hurdler

Ya BIG JESSIE !!! :biggrin:

(sorry to spoil your fun, Dom - couldn't resist) ;)

15. magnatom

magnatom Guest

:biggrin:

To be fair to Dom, I think he was actually to scared to say it. He's a big fearty! :biggrin::biggrin:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice