1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hmm should I take the bike

Discussion in 'Commuting' started by MrGrumpy, 31 Jan 2008.

1. MrGrumpy

MrGrumpy Huge Member

Wonder if i should take the bike tonight ?

Not f in likely :biggrin:

2. goo_mason

goo_mason Champion barbed-wire hurdler

(Jumping in before Magnatom)

Ya big jessie !!! :biggrin:

It was a thrilling ride home tonight from work. Fantastic fun, though there was no snowstorm, just sleet / hail; I was bloody disappointed. I've still never ridden through a snowfall :sad:

3. OP
    OP
    MrGrumpy

MrGrumpy Huge Member

well I was seriously considering it after my long detour home this morning via stirling after my nightshift however that bridge tonight will be well dodgy and I hate the train :biggrin:

4. Yeah that ride was thrilling but I wouldn't fancy that bridge. What I do when it to blowy is to cycle to Dalmeny, take the train to Inverkiething and then cycle to Dunfermline. When I used to do this as a commute it was quite good as it lets the rush clear and I only once had to buy a ticket :biggrin:

5. bonj2

bonj2 Guest

it was on the radio that the firth road bridge was only open to cars today, does this cause a problem for tetedelacourse, being as he does, live right in the middle of it?

6. OP
    OP
    MrGrumpy

MrGrumpy Huge Member

well my neighbour gets a lift over the bridge by the forth road bridge maintenance guys in the wind when its closed. He was over it today but he is radio mental, me i`m whimping out.

7. Tetedelacourse

Tetedelacourse New Member

Yes it was problematic. On days like that I'm forced to use my Grifter* to get to and from my hovel midway across the bridge.

*the heaviest bike known to man.

8. OP
    OP
    MrGrumpy

MrGrumpy Huge Member

lol i remember putting a hole in the side of a Datsun when i was about 12 and my weapon of choice a grifter :smile: dont make them like that anymore !

9. magnatom

magnatom Guest

Um er, actually I umm er chickened out on the way home last night and got a lift home from the in-laws (who are visiting at the moment).:smile:

Seriously though the weather last night was crazy in Glasgow. Very heavy rain, gale force winds etc. I would have been crazy to cycle home in that.

I left the bike at work and got a lift in this morning. Hopefully things will settle down a bit for tonight. I've never know winds like this to last this long...:biggrin:

10. Tetedelacourse

Tetedelacourse New Member

blizzards have just arrived in Edinburgh

11. There not in George st yet but it looks very dark

12. domtyler

domtyler Über Member

Can I say it? :smile:

13. magnatom

magnatom Guest

Oh go on then...:biggrin:

14. goo_mason

goo_mason Champion barbed-wire hurdler

Ya BIG JESSIE !!! :biggrin:

(sorry to spoil your fun, Dom - couldn't resist) ;)

15. magnatom

magnatom Guest

:biggrin:

To be fair to Dom, I think he was actually to scared to say it. He's a big fearty! :biggrin::biggrin: