Hmmm, left or right, right or left

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
L

LLB

Ultra Gatorskins are good. I had one puncture in 2 years.

I've also been using Bontrager Hardcase lights. No punctures in 2 years, though the Contis are quicker.

Had Bontragers on the OCR1, but picked up a few punctures with alarming regularity. Always carried a spare tube with me, but the bike went lock stock and barrel including shoes (got a very good price so it was hard to refuse) so I'm starting from cold again :wacko:

that marin does look very nice, was considering one myself, but no dealers close to me, so i couldnt see the line up in person..

OP
OP
L

LLB

dantheman said:
that marin does look very nice, was considering one myself, but no dealers close to me, so i couldnt see the line up in person..

I got it through Leisure Lakes who are discounting fairly heavily at the moment.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Another recommendation for anything made by Schwalbe. City Jets are very nice for urban riding. Mind you I haven't bought any 26" hybrid-type tyres for a few years now.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Are any of these alternative schwalbes less impossible to put on than the marathon pluses? I have 700x35s and similarish bike to the one being discussed.

OP
OP
L

LLB

I need to check out the mudguard situation. I had race blades on my Giant, but they danced around a bit and are a bit of a faff to put on and align. Would be nice to have some real ones on this one if they fit but I never bothered to ask as I was so keen to get out on it.

Top Bottom