Holding cars up...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I don't post here much these days, I'm too busy with family, my blog, writing a book etc. But I still pop in from time to time.

One thing I don't do now is post videos here. I don't have the time to explain in minute detail why I did this, why I did that...

However, I think this one is worth it. Really shows how illogical some drivers are when it comes to cyclists.

[media]

]View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQdijWFAIns[/media]

Enjoy! :smile:

Origamist

Legendary Member
Anger displacement at its finest.

SurlyNomad

Well i enjoyed it mate! Sometimes it is just better to let them get on with there boring lives and say nothing, but on the other hand sometimes its nice to have a bit of fun with drivers, especially ones who clearly deserve it. She was probably still upset when she got to work and spoiled her whole day.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Absolutely classic!

There seemed to be very few other cyclists or motorbikers on the road. Maybe this makes you an easier scapegoat to target - some people will always blame the outsider for a problem caused inside the system.

Hip Priest

Veteran
Incredible stuff - laughter is the only appropriate response. Good riding and well dealt with.

jonathanw

Chorlton and the Wheelies
Looks like Glasgow???.
Nice attitude, I am starting to get less angry/ frustrated with drivers, but you did exactly the right thing to stay calm and have a laugh at her expense. I shall be taking a leaf out of your book.
I hope to be able to use the VED/ road tax argument one day and remain calm as well.
Fab vid
smile.gif

dawesome

Anyone who has ever worked in a role dealing with the general public knows that there are people out there who are borderline mentally unwell. It's insecurity, or resentment at something going on in their personal lives, so they lash out at an out-group, they kick the cat, they phone up the gas board or council and say they are utterly disgusted that something or other has happened and have a right go at the person who answers the phone. I think there was even a tremor in that driver's voice,she was so emotionally unstable. What sort of live must she have?

Hip Priest

Veteran
Anyone who has ever worked in a role dealing with the general public knows that there are people out there who are borderline mentally unwell. It's insecurity, or resentment at something going on in their personal lives, so they lash out at an out-group, they kick the cat, they phone up the gas board or council and say they are utterly disgusted that something or other has happened and have a right go at the person who answers the phone. I think there was even a tremor in that driver's voice,she was so emotionally unstable. What sort of live must she have?

Probably a similar life to many other residents of the UK. An insanely complex world of working long hours in an unfulling job in order to pay for things the TV and magazines tell her she needs, whilst juggling family responsibilties, rising debts and a nagging sense of dis-satisfaction and existential despair.

So she turns to drink, prescription drugs, mouthing off at cyclists or call centre operatives for no reason, or all of the above.

Or maybe she's just a total div.

Top Bottom