Holiday Blues

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Roscoe

Veteran
:sad:Was off work on holiday last week, not away anywhere but had a nice time with the wife, eating out, walks, decorating.

Managed to ride 201 miles over 9 days of early morning rides.

Missing my early rides now I'm back at work. My ass is now firmly fixed to the office seat for 9 hours a day again. Roll on the weekend.

Cycle to work?

vickster

Legendary Member
I am off work for 2 weeks after having a knee cartilage sorted. Physio says no bike for 2 weeks.
:-(
Pete
I wouldn't be rushing out cycling 2 weeks after meniscus surgery, static with no or minimal resistance. I think I was off the bike for 6 weeks after my last arthroscopy when not much was done (longer with the previous meniscus one)

I would love to cycle to work, it's only about 10 miles each way, however, as we have no shower/storage facilities, it's not practical.
No shower here either but just quick wash (have space for towel, cloth and shower gel). Works fine for my 20m round commute. Do have safe place for my bike though.

flyingfish

I am seeing the physio & surgeon Monday Vickster. I will see what they say then. He removed some lumps on the inside of my knee which were causing problems. Walking much better & no pain now

vickster

Legendary Member
Lumps of what?

Crankarm

Guru
:sad:Was off work on holiday last week, not away anywhere but had a nice time with the wife, eating out, walks, decorating.

Managed to ride 201 miles over 9 days of early morning rides.

Missing my early rides now I'm back at work. My ass is now firmly fixed to the office seat for 9 hours a day again. Roll on the weekend.

What you have no toilets to get changed in and absolutely no where to lock your bike whether a private secure area or cycle stand near by?! Sounds like excuses to me.

tyred

Legendary Member
Allow an hour for the journey and ride at a leisurely pace ~10mph average speed and you shouldn't sweat very much at all unless your commute takes you over the tops of the Alps or something.

vickster

Legendary Member
Doesn't get that hot in Glasgow either (normally, I think the commonwealth games were an anomaly)

flyingfish

Bone in the site of a previous break. Just sat on the bike for the first time & I have enough flexibility in the knee to reach tdc
:-)
Pete

vickster

Legendary Member
Ah a bone spur, so not meniscus (was that you?). I have something similar called an exotosis on my fibula (but naturally occurring) - my physio reckons it could be pi**ing off my knee, surgeon less convinced. I am leaving well alone!

What's tdc?

Top Bottom