Holiday in Cornwall

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
I'm not sure what 'bungaloid' means, but I love the north coast - all rugged little coves and big waves crashing in from the Atlantic...you can sit there and let your mind drift for hours. (That's away from the surfer beaches of course.) Last time we went there we stayed in a tiny place called St Just, right near the toe - very nice it was.

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
I've never had a total wash out on my trips to Cornwall,you get rain,but not all the time and definatly warm rain.Most years we have been there it has been steaming hot and just brilliant ! On the days it has rained then the Eden Project was one of the places to go

Rezillo

TwoSheds
Does she like walking? The coastal path from Penzance round to St. Ives is rather fantastic. Great beach at Sennen Cove. The Minack theatre looks worth a visit - it is on that coastal path. I loved Mousehole though it was rather busy. I quite fancied going to St. Michael's Mount but opted to go cycling instead.

SW Cornwall generally has about the best weather on the mainland UK, though we did have a couple of spectacularly bad days while we were down there. I went down for Christmas once and was walking around St. Ives in shorts, it was that mild.

+a zillion - my favourite part of the country. Great cliff walking, some wonderful beaches, lots of prehistoric sites, plenty of lanes for cycling, some moorland for spectacular views and walks, plus an airport for a day on the Scillies. The only downside is the complex at Lands End itself, which is an eyesore.

Some of the St Aubyn Estates holiday cottages are in superb locations.

Brains

Legendary Member
Well i like it ! If anyone wants to swap their Cornish house for a 3 bed semi in Manchester then let me know ^_^ I want sea,countryside and warm rain

You are obviously not up to date with house prices in Cornwall ......
The average local price is the highest in the country when compared to the average local earnings

If in London you need to be over 40 and need a 6 figure deposit just to get the most basic house, pity the local Cornish lad, no hope of his own house before retirement

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
You are obviously not up to date with house prices in Cornwall ......
The average local price is the highest in the country when compared to the average local earnings

If in London you need to be over 40 and need a 6 figure deposit just to get the most basic house, pity the local Cornish lad, no hope of his own house before retirement
Oh i know the prices :sad: Still,i can dream that one day i can get there with my family.......and my house is very nice.......just in Manchester :wacko:

RoyPSB

Über Member
Cornwall is fantastic out of season. We love north Cornwall, particularly Port Isaac, Wadebridge, Polzeath, Rock. We never go during peak summer time - I can imagine the traffic down those narrow lanes being horrendous.

Love Cornwall, we always start smiling when we pick up "Pirate FM" around Oakhampton. We have been going to a place called Gwithian for the last 5 years and before that to other places in the West Country. The fact that we nearly died [no exaggeration] on the way back from Cornwall in August has not put us off. Skudupnorth, we must have cycled past where you stay many times, and ColinJ, the ride around the peninsula via Penzance, Mousehole [Raginnis Hill out of there is fun], St Buryan, [miss out Lands End, it's now rubbish] St Just, and ride the coast road back to just before St Ives then back over the tops and down to Hayle, just tremendous. We have a short walk to an amazing beach and three great cafes close by.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
ColinJ, the ride around the peninsula via Penzance, Mousehole [Raginnis Hill out of there is fun], St Buryan, [miss out Lands End, it's now rubbish] St Just, and ride the coast road back to just before St Ives then back over the tops and down to Hayle, just tremendous. We have a short walk to an amazing beach and three great cafes close by.
I think that's almost exactly the route I took on one of my holidays - I've been down with a bike twice, staying in Penzance. I particularly liked the road near Zennor.

Ha - I was just thinking that I'd like to take my bike down there again soon, forgetting for a moment that I am still too ill to ride. Oh well, it's something to look forward to for the future!

screenman

Legendary Member
Have all the people that love Cornwall been to Scotland?

That picture of the beach I put up earlier was from up north a bit and a bit more.

Top Bottom