Holiday plans. Do you have any?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Turin for a long weekend mid March (rescheduled after my dad’s death)
Barbados and St Lucia in May
Austria in August to visit a friend
Hopefully somewhere in October/November for some sunshine
Starting to plan Costa Rica next March 🦜

Emanresu

We had a great time there last year about now. Just a heads up on the "whale watching / dolphin spotting tours". Seems to be a euphemism for party boats. Never saw a whale or a dolphin but had a great time. Pic of another "whale watching" boat.

IMG_0295.JPG

dicko

Guru
Perhaps Gozo but the cost has risen terribly since our last visit in 2013.
Edit: I have joined ‘my Jet2’ and have had some splendid offers so might be this year we go yippee

Last edited:

vickster

Legendary Member
We had a great time there last year about now. Just a heads up on the "whale watching / dolphin spotting tours". Seems to be a euphemism for party boats. Never saw a whale or a dolphin but had a great time. Pic of another "whale watching" boat.

View attachment 721419

Won’t bother with that. I’m going for the birding and other wildlife

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Turin for a long weekend mid March (rescheduled after my dad’s death)
Barbados and St Lucia in May
Austria in August to visit a friend
Hopefully somewhere in October/November for some sunshine

Good on you. Do it while you can and enjoy it.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
No caravan this year but booked up a fair few 'adventures'.

March - Prestatyn hotel for four nights over for two weekends, Llangollen hotel for two nights also.
April - Prestatyn - Camping on a basic site for 3 nights (with electric) !
May - Bala Lake, Camping on a posh site for 5 nights (with electric) !
June - MrsF away for a week in the sun
July - RAF Fairford for Air Show - Camping 3 nights - basic field, and night in Llangollen hotel for 'Madness Concert'.

Most likely more hotels/camping over the year. Nothing 'overseas' yet, but may save that for winter sun (when I generally need it).

Chislenko

Veteran
No caravan this year but booked up a fair few 'adventures'.

March - Prestatyn hotel for four nights over for two weekends, Llangollen hotel for two nights also.
April - Prestatyn - Camping on a basic site for 3 nights (with electric) !
May - Bala Lake, Camping on a posh site for 5 nights (with electric) !
June - MrsF away for a week in the sun
July - RAF Fairford for Air Show - Camping 3 nights - basic field, and night in Llangollen hotel for 'Madness Concert'.

Most likely more hotels/camping over the year. Nothing 'overseas' yet, but may save that for winter sun (when I generally need it).

Have you given up / sold your van fossy?

chathomas

I’m planning a cycling adventure in Portugal next year. My idea is to rent a bike and explore routes such as the scenic Costa de Prata Coastal Cycling Route, which runs along the beautiful southern coastline. This area boasts some of Portugal’s finest beaches and provides captivating views of quaint seaside towns and untamed nature. In the south, I’m also keen to traverse the Alentejo Wine Country bike route, pedaling through fields of wildflowers, vineyards, historic castles, and cork trees. Additionally, the Douro Valley offers an exceptional cycling experience, renowned as one of Portugal’s top routes with its awe-inspiring landscapes and dramatic vistas. After days of cycling, I look forward to unwinding and discovering hidden gems in places like Sintra. I also found some interesting day-trips like Monsanto, Monsaraz, and Peniche in here https://gowithguide.com/blog/tourism-in-portugal-statistics-2023-the-ultimate-guide-5600

Last edited:

Danik

Hello cycling enthusiasts,
I would like to take the bus to Dieppe in the summer and from there to Le Treport by bike. I plan to reach Dieppe in the evening from the Czech Republic.
You can spend the night somewhere in the wild (under the open sky) or you can arrange with the locals a place to spend the night peacefully in the garden.
The next day I would head back home.
I would go to Amiens - Saint Quentin - Arlon - Luxemburg - Trier - Bausendorf - Oestrich-Winkel - Aschaffenburg - Arnstein - Scheslitz - Cheb - Opava.
I have the crossing points planned, they are fixed.

Thank you.

Top Bottom