Holiday plans. Do you have any?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
We should have been in Majorca at this moment.
We then thought a staycation maybe July/August.
Now we have thrown it into the lap of the gods.
How are your holiday plans or wishes?

13 rider

Guru
Should be in Cornwall from the 4th of July .Unsure as what happening as this is in theory is the start of the lockdown loosening a bit more . We are considering not going as we are unsure of what will be open . It will be the first week the holiday accommodation will be open , Very turn as I really want to go as I love Cornwall but if little is open pubs etc it won't be our normal holiday

Landsurfer

Veteran
Our holiday for the first 2 weeks of August is booked and confirmed for sunny Cornwall .....(alternative weather is possible ).
Booked it yesterday morning, confirmation received late yesterday afternoon ... and not an automatic reply , an email from the proprietor welcoming us to their site .....9 weeks and counting ....
The wifes family are all from Camborne, Truro and Penzance and they are all seething at the "bloody emmets ... retired here and telling us what to do " theme ...
Wealthy Cornish based politicians and retired incomers can whine on all they want about keeping Cornwall closed but the Cornish that rely on tourism to live want it opened .. pronto..
The Cornish working in the public sector .. at home on full salaries .. would love the status quo to carry on forever ...:rolleyes:
The owners of the site we go to are all Cornish , born and bred ..and want their living back .... Julies family ... in recruitment, building and reliant on an open fishing industry, want the county open ....
1st of July has been given by Cornwall Council / Tourism Cornwall as the date for change to an open holiday season .... so mote it be!
We normally spend 1 long weekend at our caravan in Redruth every month, year round, and 6 weeks in the summer ... with family from up country coming and going .... The children have missed their "Cornwall time" this year

(As previously posted in the McDonalds thread ) ..

Drago

Legendary Member
I've given up travelling needlessly abroad due to my increasingly annoying environmental conscience. I had no firm plans to do anything this year, and it's looking like that was probably fortuitous. I've been meaning to put my miserly hand in my moth eaten pocket for the last couple of years and buy a motorhome, so I may do that over the next few months.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
No. :cry:

Slick

Guru
I was in South Africa when it was all going off in China and temperature checks were introduced at airports but only half heartedly. I feel as if I've had a pretty good holiday already this year but have a weeks golf planned in Turkey with friends and a family wedding in October in Florida, neither of which I'm particularly bothered about making although I am rather hoping that the wedding is put off until next year so I do get to that. Maybe a bit selfish but the groom is stuck in England anyway so not sure what travel arrangements will be in place when the time comes.

Mrs M

Guru
No.
We got away to Lanzarote in February.
Not looking at going away any time soon.
Have been suggesting for a while to Mr M that we try a holiday in the Uk some time, hoping he’ll give that a try :smile:

Julia9054

Guru
This August I was supposed to be going on a town twinning coach trip to Germany, travelling by train on from there to Northern Italy to do hut to hut walking in the Dolomites, staying in an Airbnb in Innsbruck for a few days and then flying back from Munich.
The town twinning trip was cancelled pretty early on and the Airbnb in Innsbruck has cancelled us but I still have a bunch of train tickets, a deposit paid on the walking holiday and a flight back from Munich.
No idea what is going to happen.

carlosfandangus

Über Member
No holidays booked this year ( would have booked), our borders are closed for the foreseeable, we can leave to go to the UK if we have permission, although we cant come back!!! If we have permission to return we have to self quarantine for 14 days, there is only so far you can go on an island that is 30 miles by 13, might try the UK next year, lets wait and see

pawl

Legendary Member
Holiday cancelled self catering in the Cotswolds Option of moving it to period later in the year or holding the booking over for same time next year Picked the latter Usually go to York pre Christmas.I will decide abit nearer the time when the current situation becomes clearer.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
We had hoped to be in Italy at the end of March but can’t see us going abroad again for quite a while, certainly not this year.

We mostly take our holidays at our wee cottage in the Highlands anyway but we can’t do that for the foreseeable future either. Can’t even go up to check the place or turn off the white meter heating which we would normally have done in March. The garden will have gone completely bonkers too.

On the other hand, I suppose all I need to do is put on a Dominic Cummings mask and plough on. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Top Bottom