Holiday plans. Do you have any?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
We should have been just returning from “holiday”, today. When all of this kicked off, we were in Spain, for our usual, avoid English weather. We had to come home, prematurely, three day driving through Spain and France to Tunnel. Have just booked three separate weeks in late July, in UK (England), about to book some more for August, September, with a view to cancelling if lockdown not eased by then. I think, once restrictions relaxed/lifted, there is going to be a mad rush.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
I've booked my holiday dates off work - a week in June, another in July, and another in August!
Nothing set in stone, I'll just wait and see how things turn out. Depending on the weather, I'll be quite happy just doing days out from home by bike or motorbike. Where I'm allowed to go will of course depend on HRH Nicola Sturgeon; and where it's actually worth going to will depend on what's open.
I might even venture south into Englandshire if I can find a hotel that is a) open for business, and b) doesn't require the sale of internal organs to pay for it.
I've been working throughout this lockdown thing and the opportunity for spending has been very limited, so I feel I can treat myself a wee bit..... :smile:
I like your comment re the price of UK hotels. Even more so for singles such as myself. I really have no alternative now to a tent as I have sold my motorhome and don't fancy towing a caravan again.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Yes, several times.
And I wish all divers would follow the maxim, take only air leave only bubbles, as Thistlegorm is a classic example of them not. 😠
I did it 3 times. One was a bit rough but all were memorable. Wish I was young enough to do it again.

Hopefully will be in France, likely the Dordogne 1st week July, we never book as we just go in the camper and make it up as we go along. No TDF to follow though this year that some how makes things easier.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I can't decide between Wuhan and Aleppo. :unsure: Then again,maybe a fortnight in Morecambe might be better.:unsure:

aferris2

Guru
Slightly embarrassing to say, our year away holiday down under is just about to get started again. Reached the south west corner of WA near the end of March and have been stuck here since. We can't actually leave WA at the moment but can start to move north to get some warmer weather. Due back to the UK at the end of August so only just over 3 months left to enjoy the simple life.

Like practically everyone, it caused a cancellation here

Senior-management & our daughter, were supposed to have been in the Dominican Republic, from Sun 7th, to Sun 21st
Me?, I was staying here, but at least I'm still on annual-leave next week😄
(only working day is Sun 21st)

Oh!!, I might be having a trip to Northumberland one day next week; Seahouses, to be exact.................... for about 2 hours:wacko:

Dwn

Our planned holiday in France with grandchildren in late June has been cancelled. Looking at the possibility of something in UK early August, but prices are breathtakingly high.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
We're not even thinking our caravan will be accessible in August at this rate. 25th Wedding anniversary was supposed to be abroad, then we revised to our static caravan in Wales, might be Costa del Stockport by the end of August.

Top Bottom