Holiday plans. Do you have any?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Julia9054

Guru
It would be better environmentally to cycle abroad than buy a motorhome, surely? IIRC, you're 120 miles from Harwich, so 2-3 days cycling and then you're in the Netherlands, and if you've seen it all, another 2-3 would get you across it in some directions.
In addition, if you have a day where you don’t want to cycle then it is much easier to get on a train with your bike in the Netherlands and Belgium.

figbat

Slippery scientist
Yesterday I booked a two week, two centre caravan holiday for the family in July. We haven't even collected the 'van yet but it was obvious that sites are getting filled up so I got stuck in and we're doing a week in South Devon followed by a week on the Dorset coast. That's on top of our first caravan break - 4 nights near Newton Abbot in the next half term - plus a weekend away with friends in Moreton-in-Marsh in August. I suspect there may be more mini-breaks along the way.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Do we have any holiday plans for 2021? ...nope.
2022? ...not yet- depends on how other countries' vaccinations programmes go.

Dwn

Hoping that we will get to visit son and daughter-in-law in Canada later this year. Very pessimistic about our chances of seeing youngest daughter in Australia in 2021, fingers crossed for 2022.

gbb

Legendary Member
Holiday plans, do you have any ?.
No, and it's all rather depressing :thumbsdown:

It's still far too early for us, too many uncertainties and variables to put yourself through the mill if it all goes up in the air again.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Anyone who booked a holiday in Portugal has got lucky.
The list of Green Light countries is very disappointing for anyone looking for an early getaway.

Duc gas

Über Member
Should have been sailing from Corfu in June (re-scheduled from last June) Not sure when this will happen now... Hey ho

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Anyone who booked a holiday in Portugal has got lucky.
The list of Green Light countries is very disappointing for anyone looking for an early getaway.
One of our fave holidays was Algarve.
Our health aside I cannot see us flying this year no matter what offers may me on.

Gunk

Guru
We’ve managed to book a cottage in Kent, near Rye. Not been to that part of the world before, should be a nice break

Julia9054

Guru
We’ve managed to book a cottage in Kent, near Rye. Not been to that part of the world before, should be a nice break
Rye is lovely - the town looks like something out of Harry Potter. Lovely restaurants and pubs. Spent Christmas there a couple of years ago when my eldest was working in Kent and only had Christmas Day off. The architecture is so different to what I am used to in Yorkshire, it almost felt like being abroad!

Rye is lovely - the town looks like something out of Harry Potter. Lovely restaurants and pubs. Spent Christmas there a couple of years ago when my eldest was working in Kent and only had Christmas Day off. The architecture is so different to what I am used to in Yorkshire, it almost felt like being abroad!
You don't get this in Yorkshire:
Dumb Woman's Ln
https://maps.app.goo.gl/nzRXATYGa9UBs8mo9

(Sorry, that's all I remember about a visit to Rye :-(

Top Bottom