Holiday plans. Do you have any?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pawl

Legendary Member
Both myself and MrsP just cannot work up any enthusiasm to go away not even to are favourite sea side resort of LymnRegis or the Yorkshire Dales Think we have become very much home birds.

Last time we went away was to France in 2019 Day trips to Derbyshire are all we are really interested in ,then home to bed

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Hoping to buy interrailing tickets and bugger off to Europe for the entire school summer holidays 2022.
Wonder if covid will let us?
World on fire, plague of locusts 4 horsemen of the apocalypse - nothing will surprise me

We are planning a bike trip in France for most of the summer hols…crossing my fingers the plague will be over by then!

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Not enough information ^_^
Which part of France ?
Not that I am jealous :sad:

The plan (which clearly is very tentative given the world we live in) is a family trip… Calais to Annecy over 2 weeks, then 2 weeks in Annecy and then 2 weeks back Annecy to Le Havre or Caen!

Still a dream but a dream that is being discussed and tentatively planned for!

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
The plan (which clearly is very tentative given the world we live in) is a family trip… Calais to Annecy over 2 weeks, then 2 weeks in Annecy and then 2 weeks back Annecy to Le Havre or Caen!

Still a dream but a dream that is being discussed and tentatively planned for!
We had (emphsis on had) a 3 week holiday booked for Annecy a few years ago but had to cancel. The whole area looks fantastic.

Julia9054

Guru
We are planning a bike trip in France for most of the summer hols…crossing my fingers the plague will be over by then!
We are also hoping to finally do our bikes and beer tour in May half term - postponed from May 2020 - Hull to Rotterdam ferry and then pottering around The Netherlands and Belgium for the week.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
We only have 1 week/year in Cornwall which is pre-booked (and free because my parents give us a week of their timeshare). Luckily how the lockdowns fell last year and the year before we were able to go. We had been planning a trip to Aberystwyth (well I say planned, we just booked an air B&B) but had to cancel. We hope to do it in spring if no more restrictions are put in place.

As for foreign holidays; no. I haven't been abroad for 6 years. At this point I can't justify paying£1000+ for a holiday. And to be honest, I'd rather see more of the UK than pay £400+ for a flight to Europe!

Chislenko

Veteran
We appear to be having a UK mini break (4-6 days) every other month at the moment.

Stonehaven last month, Worcester next month. Quite enjoying them as well.

Top Bottom