Holiday plans. Do you have any?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gunk

Guru
Currently in Anglesey, stunning part of the world and the weather has been kind to us, this is the view from the house we are renting for the week.

94EE6FCF-53FE-4D13-BF3D-909EB9CB58B6.jpeg

Gwylan

Veteran
Hang on I'll ask HID what we're doing this summer

Chislenko

Veteran
Currently in Anglesey, stunning part of the world and the weather has been kind to us, this is the view from the house we are renting for the week.

View attachment 678106

Can't beat it Gunk, we are off for a week in a farmhouse in South Wales next week.

Enjoy your stay.

Ynys Mon yn lle rhagorol!

Translation

Anglesey is a stunning place!

PK99

Legendary Member
We were in the Bay of Fundy area (mainly Moncton, NB) in May 2022 and had a fantastic time. However we did notice that some of the more touristy places around that neck of the woods don't fully open until the first week in June, which while it didn't stop us from doing anything we wanted to, we did have to re-work some of our original plans on the fly and maybe do them in a slightly different order.

thanks for the heads up.

we are aiming for July - fingers crossed we will be able to book the "Dine on the Ocean Floor" experience.

Any other advice? Must-do's or Don't bothers!

steverob

Guru
@PK99 Obviously Hopewell Rocks are the biggest draw in the area (and more than live up to their reputation) but it is a bit of a walk to them from the car park so I’d understand any reluctance to do a re-visit - e.g. once at low tide, once at high (we only had time to do them at low).

Thankfully there are other areas less talked about where you can see the dramatic tide changes without as much effort, notably the Sea Caves and the Covered Bridges in the village of St. Martins and also the Harbour in the town of Alma (had a great meal there at the Tipsy Tails).

We didn’t get to do the drive along the full length of the Fundy Trail Parkway (one of the things partially closed during the off-season) but that does come highly recommended - the road itself is very picturesque but there’s further treasures if you stop at the various laybys and just wander a few hundred yards down the trails - so many people miss these as they stay in their cars.

Moncton itself is just a standard provincial town with an excess of hotels for its size (in winter they’re all empty, in summer probably you can’t get a room for love nor money!) that is good to use as a base but you probably won’t need to spend much time there. However we did have a few good meals there (Tide and Boar Brewing Works stood out) and there’s a nice riverside path to explore. It goes on for quite a while and is apparently great to cycle on (in the city it’s paved, rest is easy flat gravel) but there were no bike rental places open when I was there unfortunately - you may have more luck in July.

Last edited:

PK99

Legendary Member
@PK99 Obviously Hopewell Rocks are the biggest draw in the area (and more than live up to their reputation) but it is a bit of a walk to them from the car park so I’d understand any reluctance to do a re-visit - e.g. once at low tide, once at high (we only had time to do them at low).

Thankfully there are other areas less talked about where you can see the dramatic tide changes without as much effort, notably the Sea Caves and the Covered Bridges in the village of St. Martins and also the Harbour in the town of Alma (had a great meal there at the Tipsy Tails).

We didn’t get to do the drive along the full length of the Fundy Trail Parkway (one of the things partially closed during the off-season) but that does come highly recommended - the road itself is very picturesque but there’s further treasures if you stop at the various laybys and just wander a few hundred yards down the trails - so many people miss these as they stay in their cars.

Moncton itself is just a standard provincial town with an excess of hotels for its size (in winter they’re all empty, in summer probably you can’t get a room for love nor money!) that is good to use as a base but you probably won’t need to spend much time there. However we did have a few good meals there (Tide and Boar Brewing Works stood out) and there’s a nice riverside path to explore. It goes on for quite a while and is apparently great to cycle on (in the city it’s paved, rest is easy flat gravel) but there were no bike rental places open when I was there unfortunately - you may have more luck in July.

Thanks!

Gwylan

Veteran
2023 Southern Sights and Sounds Titan Tours.
2024 Costa Rica Titan Tours.
2025 Canada and Alaskan cruise Titan Tour
2023 Sussex one week August.

Better get good travel insurance for Sussex trip.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
Last two weeks of March - time off to fit my new kitchen with my Dad (not a holiday, but a break at least)
First week of April - a week in Cornwall with my parents, sister, BIL and niece. Sadly my son will be in America which will be great for him.
August - another week in Cornwall with all the family including my son.

One day we will have a sunny holiday abroad but I can't see it happening for at least 3 or 4 years. It's now 11 years since I had a foreign holiday

Top Bottom