Holiday suggestions please!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chilternrides

Croatia, especially Split, Dubrovnik and a include a few excursions to the islands (excellent value boat travel to be had).
Lovely weather, the clearest sea I have ever seen in my life, and plenty of history too.

Or...

Hungary, Lake Balaton area with maybe a few days in Budapest too.

PaulB

Legendary Member
Croatia, especially Split, Dubrovnik and a include a few excursions to the islands (excellent value boat travel to be had).
Lovely weather, the clearest sea I have ever seen in my life, and plenty of history too.

Or...

Hungary, Lake Balaton area with maybe a few days in Budapest too.

Some people may like it but I personally avoid Hungary, particularly Budapest, like I avoid fox-hunting. I regard it as the worst, most depressing place I've ever been to.

As regards Croatia, I've never been but have been to nearby Slovenia and found that to be absolutely superb. Brilliant, brilliant cycling. The only downside as far as the thread starter is concerned is that you can't get there from a North-Western airport. We had to go via Gatwick so that's two days out of your precious holiday time travelling to and from that awful atrocity of a money mak....sorry, airport.

OP
OP
Globalti

Globalti

Legendary Member
Too right Paul, I am pleased to tell you that in many many overseas business trips I haven't used Heathrow or Gatwick; I always transit through Amsterdam or Paris.

Croatia sounds nice, I will follow that up.

Fiona N

Veteran
Pushing the flight time limit, but what about eastern Canada / Newfoundland. Scotland with Frenchness :biggrin:

Rent a mökki on the lakeshore in Finland. Weather is pretty good in July and August - warm, sunny but not too hot, the evenings go on for ever and the strawberries are out of this world.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Ilkeston, a short drive up the M1 from the romantic East Midlands Airport, down Brian Clough Way and then the jewel of Derbyshire awaits. Unrivalled shopping such as the Coop department store and ATS cheap tyres. In the evening you can unwind in The Last Orders Pub, often voted the worst in town. Smashing!

Top Bottom