Holiday with kids aged 4 and 2 - ideas?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Mrs Rab wants to go to Greece or more specifically a Greek Island for a holiday this summer.

We have been to Crete before and would like to try somewhere else.

Any recommendations of places to go that are family friendly, nice beach etc

Portugal?

(sick, Jessy, sick sick sick)

LLB

Think of your carbon footprint/global warming/starving millions/baby seals etc and stay at home :smile:

abchandler

Zakynthos/Zante is one of my favourite holidays ever. Went there with Portland Holidays a few years back. Stayed in Argassi which was more family oriented than some resorts

OP
OP
Rab

Rab

Veteran
linfordlunchbox said:
Think of your carbon footprint/global warming/starving millions/baby seals etc and stay at home :smile:

Normally do, most holidays spent on West Coast of Scotland or Pertshire with Occasional trips overseas - every 2-3 years.

Mrs Rab wants some sunshine after last years poor weather :biggrin:

domtyler

Über Member
Rab said:
Normally do, most holidays spent on West Coast of Scotland or Pertshire with Occasional trips overseas - every 2-3 years.

Mrs Rab wants some sunshine after last years poor weather :smile:

Just book her in for an afternoon on a sunbed and pocket the rest of the cash and/or spend it on Bucky. :biggrin:

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
send the family off somewhere and enjoy a week's peace and quiet (and cycling). don't tell her i suggested it though :smile:

When my kids were that age I had a "three hour policy", holidays were taken a maximum of three hours away. So from Hamphsire that took us to Devon and South Wales. Now they are older we get about a bit more but I think it is best to keep it simple or you will need another holiday when you get back.

ChrisKH

Guru
I can recommend a very good hotel in Menorca where the food was fab, so much so, that we didn't eat out the entire holiday. It has self catering facilities as well, entertainment for the kids, creche, swimming lessons, children's club, evening entertainment, etc. Would be fairly pricy in season but we thoroughly enjoyed it. I suspect with a 2 & 4 year old you could go out of season(ish) and it would be much cheaper.

Plus it had some cycle hire places close by which means within a short time you can be in the back roads or up in the hills for one-two hours at a time. Lovely cycling there. If you could take a bike, even better.

hubgearfreak

Über Member
Over The Hill said:
When my kids were that age I had a "three hour policy", holidays were taken a maximum of three hours away.

i'd second this.

expecting a three year old to sit still, behave and be quiet for two hours to the airport, then again at the airport, then again on a plane and then another hour on a coach the other end really did prove too much for the little devil angel as well as for me & mrs HGF. a full day of bickering and stress at the beginning and end of a holiday isn't at all relaxing:eek:

a weekend in whitby (or near to you) several times a year is a far better bet:biggrin:

OP
OP
Rab

Rab

Veteran
Over The Hill said:
When my kids were that age I had a "three hour policy", holidays were taken a maximum of three hours away. So from Hamphsire that took us to Devon and South Wales. Now they are older we get about a bit more but I think it is best to keep it simple or you will need another holiday when you get back.

Sounds like pretty good advice, maybe need to rethink plans

3 hours - looks like the sunny lake district for me.

Top Bottom