Holidays '21: Dare to dream?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dodgy

We charge £30 per night for a 18 month old 3 bed caravan with veranda.We only let it to family and close friends.We even include the passes for pool/bars etc which are £80pw at peak times!
My sister in law said we should give them an extra discount!
She ended up paying £640 mon-fri for the same week….but she got her Hot tub:wacko:

This is what I'd do only, that would pee me off no end. Next time she goes to book - sorry sis in law, it's fully booked.
And that's the end of it.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
This is what I'd do only, that would pee me off no end. Next time she goes to book - sorry sis in law, it's fully booked.
And that's the end of it.

We don't let ours out, it's effectively our bolt hole. We have friends stay over with us, but we have 'our stuff' there. My mum lets my sister and brother use their van, but they have less 'stuff'. One bedroom at our's is currently full of bikes ! :whistle:

Sniper68

It'll be Reyt.
Yeah,but it's in Sheffield. ;)
Although that wouldn't be a bad thing,as about 30% of Sheffield is in the Peak District NP,it's actually in Lincolnshire:okay:
We don't let ours out, it's effectively our bolt hole. We have friends stay over with us, but we have 'our stuff' there. My mum lets my sister and brother use their van, but they have less 'stuff'. One bedroom at our's is currently full of bikes ! :whistle:
We only let it to 'family' and close friends.We've also had family asking if friends of their friends can book it and we have to say no.The site owners keep sending us emails showing how much we could earn if we let them manage/let it for us and it is tempting but essentially it's our little bolt hole.

dodgy

Good friends of ours allow us to use their beautiful static caravan (though 'caravan' is rather underselling it!) completely free of charge. They won't take payment, but they know it will be as clean as they left it and we wouldn't dream of not being honest about any breakages. I'm using it in August as an overnight stay on a bike ride, 120 miles each way, stay in the caravan overnight or 2 then ride home. I've even bought a new sleeping bag and having it taken to the caravan in their car so I can keep laundry to an absolute minimum.
But the friends of friends thing is taking the mick!

Sniper68

It'll be Reyt.
£80 of the £210 is for the site passes.TBF we weren't going to charge but most of the people we let use it in the first few months said we had to at least take something.
We thought £30 a night for a 3 bed 6/8 berth was reasonable and most pay it without complaint.My wife/daughter/MIL keep harping on about getting a Hottub but when I say OK if I can have a Jet ski they back off:laugh::laugh:
I really don't get hottubs.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
We're on holiday in North Yorkshire at the moment and it's fairly quiet up here at Runswick Bay.

It cost £1300 for a week in a 2 bedroom lodge (posh mobile home) but we did book in February after deciding there was little hope of a holiday abroad without 'issues'.
Runswick is lovely, one of the best beaches around (you wouldn't want to cycle back up the hill though!) and nice walking on the Cleveland Way.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Oh, I wouldn't like to cycle up it.

My son's had a go though and will have a 'proper' ride up tomorrow.
He's some young fit racing snake though isn't he?

point him inland, scaling, danby, fryup, Rosedale, chimney bank, Hutton-le-Hole, back over Blakey ridge to Castleton and loop back from there - tell him its good training!

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
He's some young fit racing snake though isn't he?

point him inland, scaling, danby, fryup, Rosedale, chimney bank, Hutton-le-Hole, back over Blakey ridge to Castleton and loop back from there - tell him its good training!

That was yesterday's ride :okay:, albeit the other way round.

And yes, he's decent enough on hills. They're good training for this year's national hillclimb.

OP
OP
R

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
Realised I'd never updated this with our own outcome.

We're not going to France. We might well be on the lacets du grand Colombier right now had we gone.

Our 19yo isn't allowed into France as he's only got one jab, so we cancelled. Off to Wales Firiday. First world problems and all that.r

Just hoping the entirely unvaccinated 16yo doesn't go down with the pestilence and scupper the new plan.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
£80 of the £210 is for the site passes.TBF we weren't going to charge but most of the people we let use it in the first few months said we had to at least take something.
We thought £30 a night for a 3 bed 6/8 berth was reasonable and most pay it without complaint.My wife/daughter/MIL keep harping on about getting a Hottub but when I say OK if I can have a Jet ski they back off:laugh::laugh:
I really don't get hottubs.

You've got to add in gas and electric, and if the weather is rubbish they will hammer the gas on the central heating. My folks don't charge my brother and sister as they leave it spotless. In ours we leave clothes, bikes, sewing machines etc, etc, so a 'guest' won't be too happy having no storage for their stuff ;)

SIL has just gone to Cyprus - all seems OK so far....

Top Bottom