Holland vs. Denmark

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
The Dutch were not impressive - similar to England really. But, unlike England, they still managed to win, albeit against a poor Denmark. I can't see the Netherlands going very far.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
I thought the Dutch knocked the ball around quite well against a Danish team that was looking for the draw.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Yeah, I don't know whether it's just fondness for previous teams but I don't see this current Dutch side as having as good individual players as in the past - not that that matters if they play well together and have the tactics - which I don't think they did play well.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
I thought the Dutch did ok, but they need to watch themselves. Those were truly horrible tackles. I thought they looked pretty good, but not good enough to win with nine men. Wonder how they looked to Cahill?...

Flying_Monkey said:
Holland vs. Denmark The Dutch were not impressive - similar to England really. But, unlike England, they still managed to win, albeit against a poor Denmark. I can't see the Netherlands going very far.

Although you do use the correct term "Netherlands" in the post, you are slipping a bit by calling them "Holland" in the thread title.
That is a bit like calling the English team "Britain"!

You may have been in north america too long! :ohmy:

U

User169

Over The Hill said:
Although you do use the correct term "Netherlands" in the post, you are slipping a bit by calling them "Holland" in the thread title.
That is a bit like calling the English team "Britain"!

You may have been in north america too long! :ohmy:

"Holland" does seem to be generally acceptable in the context of the footy side.

You'll see plenty of these at the moment:

hup_holland_hup.jpg

Delftse Post said:
"Holland" does seem to be generally acceptable in the context of the footy side.

You'll see plenty of these at the moment:

hup_holland_hup.jpg

We managed to win flying the wrong flag
3418193.jpg

and even the official mascot had the wrong flag on it back then!!
1966_Football_World_Cup_pos.jpg

I cannot remember when we started flying the right flag for England.

Do the Dutch use the term Holland, I thought it was a strange Brit thing. We went there on holiday last year and I spent the whole time trying to not say "Holland" so the kids dont pick up my wrong term. (although we were actually in the Holland bit not far from you).

Over The Hill said:
I cannot remember when we started flying the right flag for England.

As far as I remember it was more or less around the time of Euro 96 and with devolution for Scotland and Wales (97?) A realisation that England does actually have its own identity.

Top Bottom