Holy bike sale Batman

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gunk

Guru
Now's the time to sell. My restos have been selling in less than 24 hours and for about 30% more than last year.

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
I’m embarrassed to say that around 14 years ago, I bought a sorry excuse for a mountain bike, a CBR Hornet full suspension mountain bike, it cost £26! It has been collecting dust in the back of my Garage for at least 8 years, I listed it on eBay on Saturday with no reserve and a starting price of £28, it is now £51 with a week to go. Here’s a picture of said beauty;

Last edited:

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
I’m embarrassed to say that around 14 years ago, I bought a sorry excuse for a mountain bike, a CBR Hornet full suspension mountain bike, it cost £26! It has been collecting dust in the back of my Garage for at least 8 years, I listed it on eBay on Saturday with no reserve and a starting price of £28, it is now £51 with a week to go. Here’s a picture of the beauty;

View attachment 530232

Are you sure they aren’t bidding on the sofa?

Hudson1984

Über Member
ah i'm not doing as well, mine seems to be the unloved of the for sales market sadly. That being said, i've had offers at around £800, i'm just after a touch more.
Should sell my turbo trainer instead, they seem to be going for daft money at the moment too

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
I’m embarrassed to say that around 14 years ago, I bought a sorry excuse for a mountain bike, a CBR Hornet full suspension mountain bike, it cost £26! It has been collecting dust in the back of my Garage for at least 8 years, I listed it on eBay on Saturday with no reserve and a starting price of £28, it is now £51 with a week to go. Here’s a picture of said beauty;

View attachment 530232
Trying to work out why it's called a hornet...

Chris S

Legendary Member
Listed my pro carbon on market place, and sold it in 3 mins !!

I got 560 for it , advertised at 550 then edited to 675..guy offered at 550.. instantly.. i said ok 575 ..sold 560 amazeballs:laugh:

I won't miss it
I'd wait till you get the money. The rise in sales on ebay since lockdown has been matched by a rise in timewasters.

Drago

Legendary Member

View attachment 530232
Aaarrrrggghhhhh, my beautiful eyes!

OP
OP
Levo-Lon

Levo-Lon

Guru
I'd wait till you get the money. The rise in sales on ebay since lockdown has been matched by a rise in timewasters.

Deposit taken, collect weds.sold on Facebook market place, no fees and local

Although there are many time wasters

OP
OP
Levo-Lon

Levo-Lon

Guru

View attachment 530232

Similar, the silver hornet :laugh:

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=G0sUlTeottc

Dave7

Legendary Member
I decided to sell my MrsDs (hardly used) Claud Butler. Out of the blue our daughter decides to take up cycling:wacko:
Bang goes my 150 smackers:sad:

clid61

Veteran
just sold a merida gravel bikeon fleabay. Now have a merida road bike and a decathlon road bike ( partners XS ) and loads of wheels and tyres . Keeping my croix de fer, brompton and my beloved Claud Butler mountain bike Also have a few frames kicking about which may or may not go .

Gunk

Guru

View attachment 530232

Named after a Honda Hornet and a Honda CBR, :wacko:

Top Bottom