Home Brewing round 2?.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

keithmac

Guru
Just red @Drago 's thread, how did you get on?

https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/home-brewing.230138/

We (really my wife sorted it on Saturday while I was at work) have got a Coopers IPA on the go.

Fancy doing a Stout next (chocolate stout would be even better!), any recommendations?.

Apparently it's going to be a few weeks yet till we can drink it..

Bought some re-usable bottles, in hindsight it would have been cheaper to buy them pre filled..

20200524_122836.jpg

stephec

Legendary Member
If it's like most home brew it'll smell funny, be drinkable with a peg on your nose, and make you fart. 😊

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Bought some re-usable bottles, in hindsight it would have been cheaper to buy them pre filled..
Anyone home brewing or home baking to save money will be sadly disappointed.

Do it for the fun and challenge. if you want a decent drink then buy it ready made by the experts.

OP
OP
keithmac

keithmac

Guru

Do it for the fun and challenge. if you want a decent drink then buy it ready made by the experts.

That was a bit tongue in cheek to be fair, looking forward to trying it when it's ready.

Harold Finch

First time poster but long time brewer :smile:

Be patient, it tastes nicer if you leave it bottled for a couple of months

Bulk mix your priming sugar, it's easier than trying to add a few grams of sugar to each bottle

Buy a bench capper, it's less hassle than a hand capper

Keep your beer cool and pour in one easy motion leaving the little sediment in the bottle

Milk crates are handy for storing bottles of beer

Enjoy your beer and brew some more

stephec

Legendary Member
First time poster but long time brewer :smile:

Be patient, it tastes nicer if you leave it bottled for a couple of months

Bulk mix your priming sugar, it's easier than trying to add a few grams of sugar to each bottle

Buy a bench capper, it's less hassle than a hand capper

Keep your beer cool and pour in one easy motion leaving the little sediment in the bottle

Milk crates are handy for storing bottles of beer

Enjoy your beer and brew some more
So that's why mine was a bit poo. :smile:

Drago

Legendary Member
I'm letting it settle in the bottles for a while. Still got 30 odd cans of Guinness to polish off first.

OP
OP
keithmac

keithmac

Guru
I can't do more than 10 pints od Guinness, it's a meal as much as a drink (love it though!).

They do some lovely Porters, was it 200 brews for 200 years?.

Dave7

Legendary Member

Not done it for many years (1980s) but it used to be far cheaper AND nicer.
We moved into this house in 1982 just as the engineering collapsed.
I was out of work for 6 months. It was a hot summer. We survived on BBQs, home brewed beer and home brewed wine. It was cheap and good.

Harold Finch

The choices tonight will be Coopers Mexican Cerveza followed by Jamaican rum made with alcohol from a sugar wash run through my air still

I won't have too much or the 35 mile cycle planned for tomorrow morning might not happen

Top Bottom