Home delivered pies....anyone tried them?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Google throws up more and more ads for companies that make and deliver pies. They normally seem to cost eg £32 for a box of 8 which, if they are good quality, seems reasonable for a delivered price.
I don't eat a lot of pies but they might be handy to keep in the freezer.
So.......does anyone use any of these companies ?
BTW.....I do not bake so won't make my own.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Google throws up more and more ads for companies that make and deliver pies. They normally seem to cost eg £32 for a box of 8 which, if they are good quality, seems reasonable for a delivered price.
I don't eat a lot of pies but they might be handy to keep in the freezer.
So.......does anyone use any of these companies ?
BTW.....I do not bake so won't make my own.

I suppose if they weren't up to much you'd be stuck with the rest of the batch. Can you order from somewhere like Waitrose for home delivery? In the past we used to buy " Clive's Pies " as they made some very good veggie pies. Not tried them lately though.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
To explain. There is an excellent pie shop near me (limited opening hours) and I could bulk buy from them and freeze.
I am however just asking about this sudden influx of various companies offering home delivery.
So.....has anyone tried them ?
https://to-pie-for.co.uk/shop-menu

postman

Legendary Member
When we visit father in law.We call at Barton Grange Garden Centre there is a shop inside.We buy our pies from them.A few at a time,bring them home and freeze them.They are the best,full of filling and a crust to die for.

vickster

Legendary Member
To explain. There is an excellent pie shop near me (limited opening hours) and I could bulk buy from them and freeze.
I am however just asking about this sudden influx of various companies offering home delivery.
So.....has anyone tried them ?
https://to-pie-for.co.uk/shop-menu

I'd just use your local, limited opening hours are presumably not an issue for you as a retiree (as long as you know when they are open)?

When we visit father in law.We call at Barton Grange Garden Centre there is a shop inside.We buy our pies from them.A few at a time,bring them home and freeze them.They are the best,full of filling and a crust to die for.

Interesting, I'm very familiar with Barton Grange but Ive never thought to even look at the shop for food etc. Can you remember if there's any branding on the pies as if they're local, somewhere else round here might stock them.

postman

Legendary Member
Interesting, I'm very familiar with Barton Grange but Ive never thought to even look at the shop for food etc. Can you remember if there's any branding on the pies as if they're local, somewhere else round here might stock them.
Mrs P says they are displayed near the cheese counter.They are Barton Farm Shop pies.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll

the sausage rolls are excellent too... 4 for £6 which considering the size, is very reasonable.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
You don't say how big the pies are?

Our local ASDA sells Dicksons 4 x 90g Minced beef and onion £2-55 or a "family" version at 730g and £4-35.

They will deliver if you buy enough.

They (the pies) are excellent IMHO.

Top Bottom