Home Office Internet

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
J

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Are you on the newer Smart hub - worth a phone call to get mesh thrown in - they will provide upto 3 mesh discs - worth it if the contract is nearly up.
not sure what hub it is....they sent it to me before xmas as the old one packed in.....

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Two best options are to get a better wifi router - multi antenna units will be much better at multiple streams.

For a single point wired connection the best option I found was to use Ethernet over Powerline, no drop outs, stable connection and no wires around the house.
that is working fine now.......a lot quicker too

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Have you got a Gb connection to your house? :whistle: I know that some lucky people do, but most people are limited to about 70 Mb anyway so wifi isn't going to slow that down much unless there is a very poor signal.

(I am still on normal wired BB and only get about 16 Mb because my local green cabinet has not yet been connected to fibre.)
yes i have a gigabit connection to the house

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
yes i have a gigabit connection to the house

Unless you have full fiber, BT will top out at 70 mb/s, but wifi slows this further sometimes to the device. The gigabit will be the wired connection to the router, not the internet, so as fast as you'll get to the router. We use wired for the gaming PC's.

Mike_P

Guru
WiFi is quite weird, a work colleague recommended cabling the connection so I used a spare powerline adapter and issues with MS Teams stopped, well until two weeks ago when the laptops camera could not be found but I do not think that is related. IT are still on with trying to fix it remotely and were not impressed with my offer of using a rubber 🔨:laugh:
Had last week a couple of WiFi "press the button" to connect devices that were losing their connection and if reset would not connect at all. Resolved by switching the router off for a while and when back on buttons pressed and immediate connections achieved:okay:

Top Bottom