Home owners

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Keith Oates

Janner
Nice feeling , congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
Dave Davenport
Uncle Mort said:
Congrats! Do you mean you paid off the mortgage or have you just taken one on?

Paid off 12 years early, an advantage of having limited materialistic aspirations, err.. apart from the garage full of bikes;)

JtB

Prepare a way for the Lord
Well done, we are about 3 years away. Did you pay off the mortgage completely and take possession of the deeds? Or did you keep a nominal balance and let the building society hold on to the deeds for you?

OP
OP
Dave Davenport
Paid it all off, should get the deeds within the next couple of weeks.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
What are the implications once you have paid off your mortgage ... I've just realised I've never thought about it... (other than a monthly amount disappearing out of our account) do you have to look after the deeds carefully?

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
summerdays said:
What are the implications once you have paid off your mortgage ... I've just realised I've never thought about it... (other than a monthly amount disappearing out of our account) do you have to look after the deeds carefully?

You have to bury them in a tin in the back garden. Then grow a handlebar moustache (apples to women too) and take up fly fishing. :smile: Sorry, I've started my weekend early. :biggrin:

OP
OP
Dave Davenport
summerdays said:

Depends what sort of deeds you have, if old style originals I think it's normal to lodge them with a solicitor, but many are (somehow) held by the land registry and you just get some sort of copy. I expect they'll be a solicitor along in a bit who can clarify that. Don't know what type ours are yet.

Top Bottom