Homemade Wheel Covers.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BlackPanther

Hyper-Fast Recumbent Riding Member.
I'm not putting this in the race/time trial section, because I'm a 99% commuter rider, and I think any effect the cover has in negligible, just thought they may look o.k. Made from Correx with a carbon wrap finish, and added the Zipp decals for a tiny bit of authenticity (?)

imagejpg1_zps6f2b4fc5.jpg

I did make some velcro valve covers....but they fell off on a 10 mile run yesterday so I'll probably just stick on patches and remove every week to check pressure.

It was substantially harder to make the 700 size cover than the 20 inch covers on the trike.

111c7432-8b06-444e-bf7b-9bfd0de5ebed_zpsb5349440.jpg

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
What have you done to that poor Spesh?.. yegods man. :ohmy:^_^

screenman

Legendary Member
That fairing on the trike, in the event of a head on where would in end up in relation to your head, neck?

Must admit a trike build is on the too do list this year.

400bhp

Guru
Why, just why.

OP
OP
BlackPanther

BlackPanther

Hyper-Fast Recumbent Riding Member.
Why, just why.

Because, just because.

That fairing on the trike, in the event of a head on where would in end up in relation to your head, neck?

Must admit a trike build is on the too do list this year.

Think of the pane of glass scene on 'The Omen'. I only have the Middle fairing on if it's uber cold, or heavy rain though......as usual it's down to risk vs reward.:becool:

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
facepalm.jpg

screenman

Legendary Member
But if you get into a head on colision with just about anything the damage done by the object is probably a bigger deal than potential damage from a plastic sheet.

I do not think you have thought about any of the variables.

A slow shunt could be a very bad result, well it just seems not worth the risk when a waterproof tops and bottoms would be safer.

As for the bit of plastic on the commute bike, that is just odd.

Last edited:
Top Bottom