Honda Super Cub

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Well it should handle a little better with tele forks.

I think my lifetimes love of motorbikes started with a track honda c50 in the late 70's.
Well that and a pic of a Z1 900 i had on the wall

ORO

Looks very nice. I've still got a 70's sports moped in the garage with my bicycles. It gets used occasionally on a sunny day.

keithmac

Guru
It was a sad day when the stopped making the C90's (chicken chasers..).

Looks like an AN125 engine in that, good reliable lump.

wheresthetorch

Dreaming of Celeste
Love it!

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I had a C50. Great for wheelies - hold the throttle open in neutral and whack it into first. With no proper clutch it was a real bronco.
You were doing it wrong, the trick was select 1st gear but keep the lever depressed (this disengaged the centrifugal Clutch) rev em up and take your foot off the gearlever.

As for the Super Cub I'd rather have one of these with the 90 engine, or maybe the 125 version.

maxresdefault.jpg

D

Deleted member 26715

You were doing it wrong, the trick was select 1st gear but keep the lever depressed (this disengaged the centrifugal Clutch) rev em up and take your foot off the gearlever.
That was my thought, but I wondered if I'd misremembered

Salar

A fish out of water
I fancied a C50 when I was commuting 20 odd miles or so in the early 80's to reduce fuel costs, however being 6'-0" and 18 stone I doubt if the little motor would pull me up a hill. Think I'd be a bit top heavy these days.

I even liked the utilitarian look of MZ bikes!

c50.jpg

D

Deleted member 26715

I fancied a C50 when I was commuting 20 odd miles or so in the early 80's to reduce fuel costs, however being 6'-0" and 18 stone I doubt if the little motor would pull me up a hill. Think I'd be a bit top heavy these days.
Oh it would, brilliant little engine, remember a friend having one in the mid 70's we were following him on our SS50's when suddenly his back wheel locked up & it slid to a stop. We stopped & the engine had seized, we asked if he had put any oil in, his reply was it's a 4 stroke it doesn't need any oil, we then went onto explain not oil in the fuel but in the engine/gearbox, No was the answer he's not checked it in 8 months since he bought it new. However we let the engine cool down, jumped on the kickstart a couple of times & it freed itself off, we went off to the car shop up the road & bought some oil, filled it up & off we went. He was still running around on it 5 years later when the last I saw him. He was a big lad as well, probably in your region.

Top Bottom