Honduras...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jasper

Hi, I've been offered a 6 month contract in Honduras that I can't refuse (or be a fool to). Has anybody been? All info greatly received.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Hmmm.... the beeb isn't too complimentary about it...
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/country_profiles/1225416.stm

OP
OP
jasper

jasper

Aye, I've read bits and pieces like that but wanted to know if anyone had any first hand info; so to speak.

OP
OP
jasper

jasper

Maz said:
Being nosey now...What would you be doing there?

I'd be a project manager for a new mobile telephone network that they are installing over there.

OP
OP
jasper

jasper

I am going, just wanted to know what to expect.

The missus isn't too happy though. I packed my job in on Friday as I was head hunted for another in Hemel Hempstead which was due to start next week. Then I got a call from an agency on Saturday about this one in Honduras. Said yes and they want me to fly on Wednesday. Running around like a headless chicken now trying to sort everything in 2 days.

When I told her that I would be working away she asked, "Why, Hemel's only about 1/2 hour away..?"

"Aaah! Forgot to mention, I'm not doing that one now. I've got a better offer....in Honduras. See ya in 6 months..."

PaulB

Legendary Member
jasper said:
Hi, I've been offered a 6 month contract in Honduras that I can't refuse (or be a fool to). Has anybody been? All info greatly received.

Yeah, don't go, it's shoot. And don't come crying to us wanting to raise the ransom when you get kidnapped and have to spend three years tied to a radiator with only "El Gigante" to come and see you whenever the mood takes him. ;)

jasper said:
When I told her that I would be working away she asked, "Why, Hemel's only about 1/2 hour away..?"

"Aaah! Forgot to mention, I'm not doing that one now. I've got a better offer....in Honduras. See ya in 6 months..."

B):biggrin:

Go, you won't live to regret it! ;)

If she doesn't like it, well, there's plenty more fish at the, er, fishmongers!

Good luck, and keep us posted! :laugh:

buggi

Bird Saviour
my mum sponsors a child out there. it's pretty much 3rd world and just when they were getting the country on it's feet, a massive hurricane hit that put the country back by about 20 years, killing loads of people, cutting off all the villages, landslides the lot. took them 3 months to track down my mum's sponsor kid, because all the roads/infrastructure collapsed under the storm. we were really sad at the time, Jose wrote to us all the time and we felt like our little brother was missing. such a relief when we heard he was ok.

so yea, anyway, pretty much 3rd world and you'll probably get kidnapped too :rolleyes:

PaulB

Legendary Member
User1314 said:
It's the kind of place where the women will be sooooo attractive. You just know they'll be lean, tanned and dark-haired ravens. (If I was single).

Nah, most of them are like Bernard Manning in a dress. In fact, El Gigante looks attractive next to some of them.

Maz

Guru
User1314 said:
It's the kind of place where the women will be sooooo attractive. You just know they'll be lean, tanned and dark-haired ravens. (If I was single).
Aye mate. Those Latinas with their olive-smooth skin, dark hair...

buggi

Bird Saviour
Maz said:
Aye mate. Those Latinas with their olive-smooth skin, dark hair...

...not forgetting they have no grooming/luxury washing facilities... oily olive-smooth skin, dark UNDERARM hair and everywhere else :biggrin:

it's not like the movies you know!

Maz

Guru
buggi said:
...not forgetting they have no grooming/luxury washing facilities... oily olive-smooth skin, dark UNDERARM hair and everywhere else :ohmy:

it's not like the movies you know!
Woh! That's waaay too much information! :biggrin:
(I'll take immac with me)

Top Bottom