Honduras...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
jasper

jasper

Nice comments there guys lol Leave it out with the hairy women, shattering my illusions...

Just been chatting to my mate who's over there. They have 4 helicopters on the go all the time to take lads and kit to the sites....but sometimes the sites are too remote and the have to use.................donkey and cart!

buggi

Bird Saviour
told you so!

marooncat

jasper said:
I'd be a project manager for a new mobile telephone network that they are installing over there.

Want to swap - you can do my project for the telecoms upgrade in the Scottish Hightlands and I will got to Honduras. Don't think you will have the problem I had today there... the team had to leave site cause of the snow :ohmy:

gbb

Legendary Member
jasper said:
Nice comments there guys lol Leave it out with the hairy women, shattering my illusions...

Just been chatting to my mate who's over there. They have 4 helicopters on the go all the time to take lads and kit to the sites....but sometimes the sites are too remote and the have to use.................donkey and cart!

I never had the pleasure of a horse and cart ride in Uruguay :sad::ohmy:...but they are in regular use away from the cities. A bit like this....

DSC01604.jpg

Some of my colleagues have worked in Uruguay and Argentina...light plane is the preferred (only) way of getting any distance quick, but not without it's hazards.
One airfield was like a white knuckle ride..off the runway, stick right back and skip over the trees...:ohmy::ohmy::ohmy:

I'd love to do it. If you've a chance jasper, do it. It's crap at times, but the experience is brilliant.

6 months....jeez, whats the wife think :ohmy: I know what mine would be thinking :sad::angry::laugh:

OP
OP
jasper

jasper

marooncat said:
Want to swap - you can do my project for the telecoms upgrade in the Scottish Hightlands and I will got to Honduras. Don't think you will have the problem I had today there... the team had to leave site cause of the snow :ohmy:

My mate was up there today, he's a supervisor on the Arqiva towers...said it was not too good. Mind you, we had snow here (Herts) too.

OP
OP
jasper

jasper

gbb said:
6 months....jeez, whats the wife think :sad: I know what mine would be thinking :ohmy::ohmy:!:sad:
She's still not speaking to me.... I've not had the flight confirmed yet but it's probably Thursday evening now. I'll be back for Christmas though (unless I'm entertaining El Gigante :laugh:) so can decide then if I want to go back. At least 2 months isn't as bad as 6 (for now). They're paying footballer's wages (not quite) so it's a no brainer not to go...

buggi

Bird Saviour
jasper said:
I am going, just wanted to know what to expect.

The missus isn't too happy though. I packed my job in on Friday as I was head hunted for another in Hemel Hempstead which was due to start next week. Then I got a call from an agency on Saturday about this one in Honduras. Said yes and they want me to fly on Wednesday. Running around like a headless chicken now trying to sort everything in 2 days.

When I told her that I would be working away she asked, "Why, Hemel's only about 1/2 hour away..?"

"Aaah! Forgot to mention, I'm not doing that one now. I've got a better offer....in Honduras. See ya in 6 months..."

i'm not surprised she's not speaking to you when you dropped it on her like that! how would you feel??

don't expect her to be there when you get back.

strofiwimple

Veteran
Sorry to be boring but have you checked out how the cycling is?? surely that must be a big factor in making your decision? unless i have stumbled onto the wrong site???

zimzum42

Legendary Member
Go for it, I'd sooner be kidnapped and laid next to el Gigante than to be in Hemel Hempstead.....

Any other jobs going on the project? Singapore's getting a bit dull!

OP
OP
jasper

jasper

buggi said:
i'm not surprised she's not speaking to you when you dropped it on her like that! how would you feel??

don't expect her to be there when you get back.
It was dropped on me out of the blue too. Sometimes, you just have to jump at these opportunities....just going from now til Christmas will earn me £30K. Surely, relationships can survive a few months apart...

OP
OP
jasper

jasper

strofiwimple said:
Sorry to be boring but have you checked out how the cycling is?? surely that must be a big factor in making your decision? unless i have stumbled onto the wrong site???
Not had time to check anything, things moved so fast. I was thinking about taking my bike but then thought I'd go over til Christmas without it to check things out, etc and when (if) I return in the New Year take it with me then.

So for the time being, the only cycling I will be doing is on the Hotel's gym bike.

Top Bottom