honey(s) I'm home...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SamNichols

bon neue to those who read this tonight, bon jour to those who read this in the morning.
I am now back from possibly my least relaxing holiday of all time. I slept in the camper van with my cousin, as there was no longer any space left in the house (comfortable sleeping for ten, we maxed out at 13, though 18 were expected at points). It rained 1/2 the time, the family nearly exploded at each other at least twenty times a day. A moderate amount of alcohol and some cliff walks helped to suitably appease the family, but it was never a comfortable experience. I hope never to have to do it again.
However, on the cycling side of things, I got to have fun restoring my grandfather's old Eddie Merckx super prestige into working order (new tyres, brakes changed, a good clean and degrease of it all, new bar tape and a lot of tightening of cables), which is now a good, if heavy run around (and if it never gets used, then I now know that I have a nice steel frame to make a fixie out of). Fran ran like a dream and I took her out on a couple of spins, the longest of which was a 40k, with the last twenty up hill. I learnt the art of spinning and had one of the best rides of my life.

In terms of calvados, I didn't get any, as I got a wee bit ill of it the first night, but I've come back with a few bottles of wine. Two bottles of the excellent Le Mont St Michel dry cider, which I shall share tomorrow with friends. And, my bargain, a 70cl bottle of aberlour twelve year old for 25euros - it's twenty five pounds in the uk, so i got myself a nice bargain on scotch in France. Weird, eh?

welcome home.

L

OP
OP
SamNichols

SamNichols

I'm fine now, although I immediately sent a message to some friends suggesting we go out today, as I really want to speak to someone that I'm not related to/spent ten days with.
It's odd to come back from a holiday less relaxed and more tired than when one left though.
Fran's in for a service, but when she's out I'll knock all of the grumpy cobwebs out of me.

Melvil

Let's be frank here, going on holiday is always a stressful experience, unless it's to somewhere you have been to many times or lived in/at.

However, what percentage is 'good' life-affirming, positive stress and which is 'bad' health-and-sanity-threatening stress varies wildly!

Mr Phoebus

SamNichols said:
the family nearly exploded at each other at least twenty times a day. A moderate amount of alcohol and some cliff walks helped to suitably appease the family,
If feelings were running that high, I'd have kept them all away from the cliffs. :ohmy:

wafflycat

SamNichols said:
A moderate amount of alcohol and some cliff walks helped to suitably appease the family, but it was never a comfortable experience. I hope never to have to do it again.

Aye, throwing objectionable family members off a high cliff is a difficult thing to do. Still, once they're got rid of calm is restored :ohmy: :ohmy:

OP
OP
SamNichols

SamNichols

wafflycat;43338][quote=SamNichols said:
A moderate amount of alcohol and some cliff walks helped to suitably appease the family, but it was never a comfortable experience. I hope never to have to do it again.

Aye, throwing objectionable family members off a high cliff is a difficult thing to do. Still, once they're got rid of calm is restored :ohmy: :ohmy:[/QUOTE]

Oh Dear God, I hope that the police don't look at this forum - I fear that I may have incriminated myself.

Still, I think that: 'it was for their own good' is an argument that should stand up in court, isn't it?

Mr Phoebus

SamNichols;43452][QUOTE=wafflycat;43338][quote=SamNichols said:

Aye, throwing objectionable family members off a high cliff is a difficult thing to do. Still, once they're got rid of calm is restored :ohmy: :ohmy:[/QUOTE]

Oh Dear God, I hope that the police don't look at this forum - I fear that I may have incriminated myself.

Still, I think that: 'it was for their own good' is an argument that should stand up in court, isn't it?[/QUOTE]

Scatter broken hang gliding frames around their bodies, that should get ya off the hook.

Top Bottom