1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hootenanny and the undercover BBC

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by sheddy, 15 Nov 2007.

1. sheddy

sheddy Veteran

On the basis that a 'live' show has been recorded recently (I seem to recall this being discussed last year) does anyone know who is on ?

2. OP
    OP
    sheddy

sheddy Veteran

On the basis that a 'live' show has been recorded recently (I seem to recall this being discussed last year) does anyone know who is on ?

3. Fnaar

Fnaar Smutmaster General

4. Fnaar

Fnaar Smutmaster General

5. SamNichols

SamNichols New Member

some crap probably the kaiser chiefs, a singer-songwriter (preferably female) who'll be accompanied by boogie-woogie piano, an obscure egyptian nose-flute band and the ukelele orchestra of great britain (or the glockenspiel orchestra of great britain) who'll play a cover of kanye west's 'jesus walks'. All presented by a figure increasingly becoming Kermit the Frog. I ruddy hate Jools Holland and all that accompanies him.

6. SamNichols

SamNichols New Member

some crap probably the kaiser chiefs, a singer-songwriter (preferably female) who'll be accompanied by boogie-woogie piano, an obscure egyptian nose-flute band and the ukelele orchestra of great britain (or the glockenspiel orchestra of great britain) who'll play a cover of kanye west's 'jesus walks'. All presented by a figure increasingly becoming Kermit the Frog. I ruddy hate Jools Holland and all that accompanies him.

7. I have always found something interesting when watching Julie Jules Holland... bothers me not if the stuff is old, new or otherwise - don't think The Squirrel Nut Zippers will be a big pull though Fnaar. :biggrin:;)

8. I have always found something interesting when watching Julie Jules Holland... bothers me not if the stuff is old, new or otherwise - don't think The Squirrel Nut Zippers will be a big pull though Fnaar. :biggrin:;)

9. mondobongo

mondobongo Über Member

Social Distortion now that would make for a good NYE show.

10. mondobongo

mondobongo Über Member

Social Distortion now that would make for a good NYE show.

11. girofan

girofan New Member

;) Anything would in preference to Scots poncing about in kilts.

12. girofan

girofan New Member

;) Anything would in preference to Scots poncing about in kilts.

13. Fnaar

Fnaar Smutmaster General

I like Jools, he comes across in interviews as a decent sort, and he is very very good on the piano...wish I could play the piano like him, even though sometimes I agree he could accompany more; know what you mean about the nose-flutes etc. One thing though, Jools's voice is always too quiet when introducing etc. Have to turn the sound right up to hear him, then turn it down a bit when the music starts (ok, not hard, but annoying ;))

14. Fnaar

Fnaar Smutmaster General

I like Jools, he comes across in interviews as a decent sort, and he is very very good on the piano...wish I could play the piano like him, even though sometimes I agree he could accompany more; know what you mean about the nose-flutes etc. One thing though, Jools's voice is always too quiet when introducing etc. Have to turn the sound right up to hear him, then turn it down a bit when the music starts (ok, not hard, but annoying ;))