Hootenanny and the undercover BBC

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sheddy

Legendary Member
On the basis that a 'live' show has been recorded recently (I seem to recall this being discussed last year) does anyone know who is on ?

OP
OP
S

sheddy

Legendary Member
On the basis that a 'live' show has been recorded recently (I seem to recall this being discussed last year) does anyone know who is on ?

SamNichols

some crap probably the kaiser chiefs, a singer-songwriter (preferably female) who'll be accompanied by boogie-woogie piano, an obscure egyptian nose-flute band and the ukelele orchestra of great britain (or the glockenspiel orchestra of great britain) who'll play a cover of kanye west's 'jesus walks'. All presented by a figure increasingly becoming Kermit the Frog. I ruddy hate Jools Holland and all that accompanies him.

SamNichols

some crap probably the kaiser chiefs, a singer-songwriter (preferably female) who'll be accompanied by boogie-woogie piano, an obscure egyptian nose-flute band and the ukelele orchestra of great britain (or the glockenspiel orchestra of great britain) who'll play a cover of kanye west's 'jesus walks'. All presented by a figure increasingly becoming Kermit the Frog. I ruddy hate Jools Holland and all that accompanies him.

mondobongo

Über Member
Social Distortion now that would make for a good NYE show.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
SamNichols said:
I like Jools, he comes across in interviews as a decent sort, and he is very very good on the piano...wish I could play the piano like him, even though sometimes I agree he could accompany more; know what you mean about the nose-flutes etc. One thing though, Jools's voice is always too quiet when introducing etc. Have to turn the sound right up to hear him, then turn it down a bit when the music starts (ok, not hard, but annoying ;))

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
SamNichols said:
I like Jools, he comes across in interviews as a decent sort, and he is very very good on the piano...wish I could play the piano like him, even though sometimes I agree he could accompany more; know what you mean about the nose-flutes etc. One thing though, Jools's voice is always too quiet when introducing etc. Have to turn the sound right up to hear him, then turn it down a bit when the music starts (ok, not hard, but annoying ;))

Top Bottom