Hop harvest 2021….

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
….is complete!
From 1 bine, 2380g from me and @Hill Wimp for not looking after it at all.
Our first harvest from 2 bines was 60g! Our last from 2 was just over 3kg, so we did well this year.
The collection from over 180 sites across Deal is now in the hands of Tide and Time brewery to make a range of beers throughout the year for ‘Deal Hop Farm’ starting with the wonderfull Green Hopped Ale on the 7th of Oct.

A great community cause, a wonderful local brewery and all for the love of beer

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Excellent.

there was a section on country file Sunday just gone on hop farming, I didn't realise they grew so damn tall

do you just have a couple of vines in your garden?

is the commercial arrangement beers for hops?:okay:

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
….is complete!
Our first harvest from 2 bines was 60g! Our last from 2 was just over 3kg, so we did well this year.
The collection from over 180 sites across Deal is now in the hands of Tide and Time brewery to make a range of beers throughout the year for ‘Deal Hop Farm’ starting with the wonderfull Green Hopped Ale on the 7th of Oct.

View attachment 610219
View attachment 610220

View attachment 610221

View attachment 610222
Keep up the good work! :cheers:

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Excellent.

there was a section on country file Sunday just gone on hop farming, I didn't realise they grew so damn tall

do you just have a couple of vines in your garden?

is the commercial arrangement beers for hops?:okay:
Sadly not that good a deal, but we get some at discount AND we have an Octoberfest!!

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Oi! That’s dearly departed @hopless500 gardening hat!
You wear it well, and do it proud.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
….is complete!

View attachment 610219
View attachment 610220

View attachment 610221

View attachment 610222

Ace..

Very important crop.

You'll sleep well now.

They grow wild here, in fact there's a rogue that keeps popping up unbidden in tunnel one.

Needs cutting bad quite often.

And do smell quite 'erbal'

The bines are hefty, and strong too, aren't they??

looks like a decent amount, do you keep any for yourself? Ive added some to the home brew kits when ive had them, i use the kits as i dont have the patience for the whole brewing process.

Where do i get decent hop seeds from? i have an allotment (stop laughing) and am looking to grow something around the two sides that have a fence.

also, looked at the brewery website, may have to talk a colleague into going to fetch some and getting it sent up

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Alice Roberts likes digging up old bines.

On a related joke, my mother in law (English) moved up to Scotland in the 80s and started work in a butcher's. One old lady came in and asked for "Aboot 3 poond 'a beans".
My MIL had no clue what she could possibly mean, surely she didn't expect to get beans in a butcher's?
"Aye, the beef beans" the old woman said, "Airchie alwa's sieves the beans frae the beef, fer makin' soup!" (Bones).

Anyway, bine pronunciation aside, a fine harvest FabFoodie, and here's to your beer. 👍

Top Bottom