Hop or swerve?

Hop or swerve?

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
I wouldnt want to jump over a speed bump on my road bike though.

Yeah, that might be pushing it, although I do regularly bunny hop my road bike, it's usually a reflex action at speed.

cloggsy

Boardmanist
Swerve for me... Obviously, I would be riding in a strong secondary position, all the cars behind me would be giving me a good 2 second gap between themselves and me and anyone overtaking would be giving me a full 'rule 163' wide berth anyway... Then, back in the real world, I would at least be in a strong secondary, anything else is pure guess-work :wacko:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
If you could bunny hop the potholes in Brookmill Road Deptford you would be flying through the air for a good hundred yards.

Recycle

Über Member
Swerve. On a recumbent a bunny hop isn't an option for me. I fortunately have full suspension so I have used the gritted teeth option on a few occasions where I haven't seen the pothole in time or I don't have confidence in the driver behind me.

thefollen

Veteran
Reckon it depends how quickly you spot it and how much road you have either side. Haven't attempted a bunnyhop on the road bike as yet (often pull the handlebars up to avoid the front wheel on slippy drains), after seeing this thread I'll be having a go!

Generally I'd recommend spotting it early and gracefully slipping it, but on those occasions where it simply 'appears', whatever keeps you on!

VamP

Banned
I am amazed at the number of people who think bunny hopping is some mystical ability only granted to the select few. It is completely easy, and anyone can do it. Everyone who thinks they can't do it, just hasn't tried. You just jump up (not seated) and the bike comes with you. So easy.

As to how high you can jump - another matter entirely.

Bunnyhop7_266.JPG

HorTs

Über Member
I know it's not mystical but I can't dot it.

Given some time and practice I'm sure I could but at the moments I have no bunny hop talents.

Top Bottom