Hope rear hubs questions

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bagpuss

Guru
Hi all . Looking for some technical knowledge/help please.
I am using Hope hubs with both Shimano and Campagnolo free bodies on different bikes .
I understand there maybe some differences in the design of these other than the spline pattern .ie depth of the cassettee barrel?and also the number of total sealed bearing units used in each type of hub.
My hubs are Hope Mono RS and a Pro 3 Mono .
Can anyone shed light on this .
Hope only show diagrams for Shimano compatible hubs on their web pages .
Thank you in advance

iluvmybike

Über Member
Ring Hope and ask them - they are very helpful

OP
OP
B

bagpuss

Guru
Yes I have done that ,problem is they do not do a parts list for the campagnolo compatible hub units on line and it is taking an age to get to speak to one of their very helpful tech people .
After taking to someone in sales if learnt that the drive side spacer is different for a campag compatible rear hub compared to the
shimano one.
How I miss a good local bike shop .

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
The freehubs are different, but with Hope you can swap them out for a different type but keep the hubs. I assume you need parts for the campag freehub.

OP
OP
B

bagpuss

Guru
Yes replacing some worn parts .
As I run both styles of free hubs eg Campag/Shimano {on different bikes .} care is needed before i order parts
The bearings in the freebodies are different sizes as well as the drive end spacer .

Just nipping down my local bearing suppliers is a bit of a faff the current situation. I had a bit of trouble determining sizes before ordering on line
but sorted now .

Top Bottom