Hopi ear Candles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulB

Legendary Member
rich p said:
Remember that old joke about the nuns?

Where's the candle?

I don't know, wears the soap?

rich p said:
Remember that old joke about the nuns?

Where's the candle?

Are you getting your Nun jokes mixed up?

I thought it was -

Where's the soap, and Candles out at midnight sisters.

There was one about a Nun cycling along a cobbled street, can't remember it but you get the general idea.

Back on the OP, next time you are abroad, buy an ear syringe (they dont sell them in the UK but do seem to abroad). Then just do it yorself every few months. Sorts me out and is strangely nice to do with the feeling of warm water inside your head.

ASC1951

Guru
Over The Hill said:
Are you getting your Nun jokes mixed up?
Clown giving a nun a piggyback?

the feeling of warm water inside your head.
I thought you were supposed to use oil? Olive oil or almond oil i.e. something a bit lighter than Finish Line.

Ear candling is another of those voodoo treatments like reflexology, aromatherapy and Reiki. It has no physical mechanism and any 'stress relieving' effect is purely from having spent some money and having someone fuss over you. That is a real effect, of course, but having them stroke your hair while reading Noddy to you in Uzbek would work just as well.

CharlieB

Junior Walker and the Allstars
Had it done at a Center Parcs weekend once. Would do it again, as it worked for me, but that's not to say it will for everyone. Can vouch for it being very relaxing.

Happiness Stan

gary r said:
Mrs R reckons i should use these,any one tried these?? mumbo jumbo?see the dscription below.

Alternative method of treating irritation in the ears, build up of ear wax, Migraines, Headaches, Sinusitis, Rhinitis, Glue Ear, Colds and flu. Excellent form of relaxation, stress relief and an alternative to Ear Syringing. We have tried them, and they do work. Hopi Ear Candles have been traditionally used for the treatment of: -Build up of Ear Wax, Migraines, Headaches, Sinusitis, Rhinitis, Glue Ear, Colds and Flu, Alternative to Ear Syringing, Helps with Stress.

not sure i fancy a lighting something thats sticking out my ear!!!!:biggrin::biggrin:

What do you want to use it for? If its for a bad back then I suspect they won't work.

Cubist

Still wavin'
ASC1951 said:
Clown giving a nun a piggyback?
It's Ok, it's the blind man.....no neither have I, it must be the cobbles.

ASC1951 said:
I thought you were supposed to use oil? Olive oil or almond oil i.e. something a bit lighter than Finish Line.
GT85. WD40 will strip essential oils....

That butt candle add reminds me of the days of playing "Dance Of The Flaming peanuts" at the rugby club. That used to shift a bit of earwax....:biggrin:

toekneep

My wife tried them. I had to sit there holding the stupid things as they burnt down. Complete waste of time. She said it was relaxing but made no difference to her ears at all.

Cubist

Still wavin'
CharlieB said:
Had it done at a Center Parcs weekend once. Would do it again, as it worked for me, but that's not to say it will for everyone. Can vouch for it being very relaxing.

I'm surprised Centerparcs have anyone that can read in Uzbek

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
For ear wax, olive oil is the way to go... used it a few times over the years, bring it to room temp (or even gently warm it, but BE VERY CAREFUL IT ISN'T HOT)... messy, but does the job.

gary r said:
Mrs R reckons i should use these,any one tried these?? mumbo jumbo?see the dscription below.

Alternative method of treating irritation in the ears, build up of ear wax, Migraines, Headaches, Sinusitis, Rhinitis, Glue Ear, Colds and flu. Excellent form of relaxation, stress relief and an alternative to Ear Syringing. We have tried them, and they do work. Hopi Ear Candles have been traditionally used for the treatment of: -Build up of Ear Wax, Migraines, Headaches, Sinusitis, Rhinitis, Glue Ear, Colds and Flu, Alternative to Ear Syringing, Helps with Stress.

not sure i fancy a lighting something thats sticking out my ear!!!!:rolleyes::biggrin:

Before you buy these things, have a read of Ben Goldacre's "Bad Science". Then, if you fancy wasting your money on such new age hippy bullshit, buy them by all means. Alternatively, find out what they cost and then set fire to that amount of money, or perhaps drop it down a drain.:sad:

Top Bottom