Hopi ear Candles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Earlier this year I had a bad back from lifting a sack of coal the wrong way. It wouldn't get better so in February when I had time to spare in South Africa I went to see a physio. She twisted me and turned me and prodded and poked in a way I've never experienced before. Just before she finished she rather shyly suggested I might like some needling. I declined her kind offer, paid and left and walked out feeling like a new man, it was fantastic.

Now if I'd agreed to the needling, I'd be attributing the cure to them rather than good old-fashioned knowledge of anatomy, wouldn't I?

This hopi candle business takes the absolute biscuit though, what utter fecking nonsense. Tell you what, nip round to my place, pay me £20 and I'll stick a candle in your ear then **** off for a cup of tea and a rummage through your coat pockets.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
When people say it was 'very relaxing' - you could achieve the same effect by just lying down in the same place and having someone NOT burn a candle in your ear. Try it...

Globalti

Legendary Member
She was provoking me alright; had to go and lie down behind the fridge after she'd finished with me. She's the second female physio I've seen who seemed to think massaging my buttocks for many minutes would sort out a pain in my knees.....

steve52

I'm back! Yippeee
i had my ears candeled, i thought the sience behind them made sence ie warm air softening wak and it being drawn up the chimney of the candel (they are hollow) anywa i cut then opem after to see my own earwax so they work and are not as unplesent as syringing, for a few pounds why not try it and decide for yourself.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
steve52 said:
i had my ears candeled, i thought the sience behind them made sence ie warm air softening wak and it being drawn up the chimney of the candel (they are hollow) anywa i cut then opem after to see my own earwax so they work and are not as unplesent as syringing, for a few pounds why not try it and decide for yourself.

It's not earwax - you get the same residue inside if you burn them without putting them anywhere near your ears...

rich p

ridiculous old lush
theclaud said:
It's not earwax - you get the same residue inside if you burn them without putting them anywhere near your ears...

If they do work, the mind boggles about the butt candle reiduexx(

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
steve52 said:
for a few pounds why not try it and decide for yourself.

I could think of several hundred more productive ways to spend a few pounds. As theclaud has said, what you see is not always what you think it is. It's a scam.

Top Bottom