Horn and Short Racer Mudguards

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi all,

HORN
After snapping the dinger off two bells trying to warn peds, I want a half decent horn for my bike for no more than £15.
NOT and air-horn
NOT a bulb type
Just a elctronic on with decent blast to save my lungs - I was looking at something like this: http://www.cyclesportsuk.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=4596

Anyone got a recommend?

Mudguards
I have a road bike that I - at the moment - mainly use for commuting.
When I bought it I got a set of full size mudguards which I want to replace with the old style racing mudguards - They are about 10-12 inches ling and usually fit behind the brake mech.
The ones I had many moons ago were light alloy but I would consider any type.

Again, any recommends (preferably with links)?

Many thanks in anticipation of your responses

TonyEnjoyD

Monst

Hi

Nobody makes the short mudguards you refer to now, really for two reasons..

1...They are and were cr*p and never worked, and apart from looking silly they did not work, they just added weight and were a faff to fit!

2.. Manufacturers realised that if bicycle owners want to add weight to their bikes they had better make things that were useful. Such as lights, bags etc. The short mudguards you refer were really only a fashion item and were soon dropped by manufacturers in about 1978 when they realised that cyclists were chucking them away because they looked cr*p and did not work. (You will still get a wet ar*e riding in the wet)

As for bicycle bells, have a look on chainreaction.com...they have some excellent ones. That, or pop into Halfrauds.

Top Bottom