Horrible mistake

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Peter Salt

Bittersweet
Did the (un)usual thing this morning...

Got up, went downstairs, took out two teaspoons out of the drawer...

Used one to get the cat food out of the sachet, the second to stir my hot chocolate...

Usually, I put the one covered in cat food straight into the dishwasher, whilst the one covered in hot chocolate gets a thorough lick...

This morning I did it the other way round :eek:

Jody

Stubborn git
xx(

The smell of cat food is awful.

Used one to get the cat food out of the sachet, the second to stir my hot chocolate...

Usually, I put the one covered in cat food straight into the dishwasher, whilst the one covered in hot chocolate gets a thorough lick...

At least your crotch will be clean by the end of the day. :okay:

Jody

Stubborn git
Agreed. I have a completely rational dislike of cat-food.
Shall be glad in the new house when all cat-food/feeding/bowl-washing activities are out of MY kitchen and into the utility room....

I have an irrational dislike of quite a lot of food and food smells but wet cat food is next level.

Next door neighbours asked me to feed their cat last week. Not sure if every cat owner does this but they keep half empty cat food packets in the fridge with the stuff they eat xx(

Alex321

Veteran
I have an irrational dislike of quite a lot of food and food smells but wet cat food is next level.

Next door neighbours asked me to feed their cat last week. Not sure if every cat owner does this but they keep half empty cat food packets in the fridge with the stuff they eat xx(

Ours gets half a tin of wet food per day, and the tin does go in the fridge, but covered with a tight-fitting lid, so no smell escapes.

We have plenty of those lids, because the coffee we have been drinking for the last couple of years comes in tins with plastic lids that exactly match a regular tin can :smile:

Jody

Stubborn git
Ours gets half a tin of wet food per day, and the tin does go in the fridge, but covered with a tight-fitting lid, so no smell escapes.

We have plenty of those lids, because the coffee we have been drinking for the last couple of years comes in tins with plastic lids that exactly match a regular tin can :smile:

A sealed tin might not be so bad.

Licking the spoon like in the OP would probably cause me enough trauma to get rid of the cat :laugh:

kynikos

Veteran
When I was at uni we had a mate, appropriately called "Big Jimmy", who, whenever he came round to the flat, would eat anything and everything available, no asking.
We got a bit fed up of it so one day, when we knew he'd be round, we bought a tin of kit-e-kat, turned it out onto a plate and left 4 slices of bread nearby.
There were a few choice words on his part (and much laughter on ours) after he'd scoffed the lot and we revealed the contents of his sandwiches...

tyred

Legendary Member
My Dad always tells the story about a visit to an elderly and very short-sighted aunt. She insisted on making something for him to eat and said she would heat a tin of stewed steak.

After eating, my Dad went to the kitchen for some reason and saw an unopened tin of stewed steak sitting on the worktop and an empty tin of Brandy dog food sitting on top of the bin:ohmy:

hahahaha omg that is so horribly funny, I'm so sorry for laughing!

I understand that cat and dog food is ‘tasted’ by humans.

half half.jpg

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO....................................:ohmy::eek:xx(xx(xx(xx(xx(

Top Bottom