Horse and cart amok shock

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
661-Pete said:
Remember too that a horse which has spooked, which is out of control, is a dangerous animal, but not by its own choice.

One of the routes I have ridden there is a large private stables. Lots of posh kids getting to ride them.. but a couple of years back I was passenger in my Father's car and as we near their grounds (its a BIG place over Netley way near Southampton) we see a horse bolting towards us on its own.

The thing galloped off a shot and toward a main road but luckily unhurt. Turned out some boy racer had used their drive to turn or something and spooked it whilst it was being saddled.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
I had to stop and talk to some horses yesterday, their riders were very grateful. Not only was I on the recumbent, but I was towing miniMikey 2.0 in the Burley trailer too.

Jezston

Über Member
When I occasionally take the long route home, I go down some paths that often have horse riders on them. Usually I verbally let them know I'm coming if approaching from behind and all is fine.

However once I got some sarcy comment from some posho teenager about me thinking she was scared of me or something. Fine. Next time I'll just charge past full speed blasting my airzound and leave you getting trampled on.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Jezston said:
When I occasionally take the long route home, I go down some paths that often have horse riders on them. Usually I verbally let them know I'm coming if approaching from behind and all is fine.

However once I got some sarcy comment from some posho teenager about me thinking she was scared of me or something. Fine. Next time I'll just charge past full speed blasting my airzound and leave you getting trampled on.

There are arses in all walks of life, alas. She'll be the sort who's sarky to everyone.

Top Bottom