Horses?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cubist

Still wavin'
Joe24 said:
Oh dear:sad: Have i been mistaken.
If you didnt know, i love meat and would actually eat horse:laugh:
Im trying to find a way of getting rabbit in the house and cooking it so my mum doesnt know, if she finds out she will kill me:eek:

Joe

I know several people who like rabbit, but their wives don't (I call it the Beatrix Potter syndrome, unable to distinguish between serious agricultural pests and whimsical lickle bunnies in waistcoats and spotted hankies).

I often have a surplus of rabbits, so tend to mince the meat, mix it with some bacon fat and packet seekh kebab mix. This is much easier to smuggle into house/onto barbecue.

I've eaten horse, and found it disappointing. I think it was too lean, and masquerading as steak in an Italian university canteen. Venison is the way forward. I'm off to look for Bambi's mum in the morning.

bonj2

Joe24 said:
Squirrel is ment to be nice. Apparently its often served down in London as Tree Bird, or something like that.
I think you are lieing about eating horse anyway. I think you have all had cow, and were lied to. Which is why you think it tastes nice.
yep, probably -that'll be it. People get a feeling they're being novel and daring for ordering horse, and then they're pleasantly surprised when it's anything other than absolutely foul and they're able to get through it - so all the restaurant needs to do is make sure it's not absolutely horrible, which is a good way of palming off less-than-brilliant beef on people.

In fact, The Doctor, they probably got away with serving you dog.
Joe24 said:
Edit: If you want to actually eat horse, then use one of the methods thats been talked about before in this thread and kill your own. Much better. Just go and find a horse that you dont like and shoot it, electricute it with a big power probe disguised as a mint, or just shoot it with a gun with a sight or a rocket launcher.

So, any horse then?;)

bonj2

now guinea pig that would probably be quite nice, if you could get enough meat on one - 'cos they do bugger all all day. Probably quite fatty , though, and you wouldn't get very big steaks from each one. If you could GM them to be bigger then they'd be fine.

Arch

Married to Night Train
bonj said:
now guinea pig that would probably be quite nice, if you could get enough meat on one - 'cos they do bugger all all day. Probably quite fatty , though, and you wouldn't get very big steaks from each one. If you could GM them to be bigger then they'd be fine.

No need. You just eat capybara

I think Joe is trying to be bonj, and failing. At least bonj can normally spell, even if he's talking gibberish.

I know someone who's had guinea pig and said it wasn't nice, but we suspect he was served a duff one. No reason why they shouldn't taste like rabbit, I'd have thought. A bit more on the bony side though.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Arch said:
No need. You just eat capybara

I think Joe is trying to be bonj, and failing. At least bonj can normally spell, even if he's talking gibberish.

I know someone who's had guinea pig and said it wasn't nice, but we suspect he was served a duff one. No reason why they shouldn't taste like rabbit, I'd have thought. A bit more on the bony side though.

Im actually just enjoying talking a load of rubbish, and putting down what comes into my head. Which is probably why my posts make no sence, because as i post, something new comes into my head and i put that down:thumbsup:. And the amazing thing, is Linf thought i was actually being seriouse, and i think you think im just acting like this. Arch, you justgave me an erection. Infact, you have given me 9 since i read your post, and ive been replying to this:thumbsup::biggrin:
I think elephant would be nice to eat. A nice baby elephant, adult ones are too big ofcourse. Too much meat.
Just think of the size of the plate you would have if you asked for a leg:eek:

amnesia

Free-wheeling into oblivion...
That horse has an air of smugness about his eye. He must have just done a particularly foul-smelling fart.

He does them all the time :thumbsup:

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
bonj said:
yep, probably -that'll be it. People get a feeling they're being novel and daring for ordering horse, and then they're pleasantly surprised when it's anything other than absolutely foul and they're able to get through it - so all the restaurant needs to do is make sure it's not absolutely horrible, which is a good way of palming off less-than-brilliant beef on people.

In fact, The Doctor, they probably got away with serving you dog.

Actually, one of the local Indian places (many years ago) was allegedly prosecuted for having half a Labrador in the freezer...:biggrin:

And I once managed to convince someone that the big cylinder of meat (or whatever it actually is) you get in Donor Kebab places was an elephants leg.

Cubist

Still wavin'
TheDoctor said:
Actually, one of the local Indian places (many years ago) was allegedly prosecuted for having half a Labrador in the freezer...:laugh:

And I once managed to convince someone that the big cylinder of meat (or whatever it actually is) you get in Donor Kebab places was an elephants leg.

1st one typical bigotted apochryphal bullshit.

2nd one hopelessly inaccurate. Everyone knows they're made of goats' eyelids and ringpieces.:laugh::laugh:

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Cubist said:
1st one typical bigotted apochryphal bullshit.

2nd one hopelessly inaccurate. Everyone knows they're made of goats' eyelids and ringpieces.:laugh::laugh:

Hey!:laugh:
I'm no bigot - I spent a few weeks knocking around India and thouroughly enjoyed it.

I bet the second one's true though!:biggrin:

bonj2

TheDoctor said:
Actually, one of the local Indian places (many years ago) was allegedly prosecuted for having half a Labrador in the freezer...:laugh:

course it's an elephants leg, what else could it be?!:laugh:

TheDoctor said:
Actually, one of the local Indian places (many years ago) was allegedly prosecuted for having half a Labrador in the freezer...:biggrin:

I used to tell my kids this when they were younger :evil::ohmy:

Cubist

Still wavin'
TheDoctor said:
Hey!:evil:
I'm no bigot - I spent a few weeks knocking around India and thouroughly enjoyed it.

I bet the second one's true though!:ohmy:

No, I wasn't calling you a bigot, but the people who start off and perpetuate the rumours that half-a-labrador/dead-cat/rat/semen was found in the freezer/wok-rack/deepfat fryer/balti sauceat their local takeaway. They are particular favourites of the "give me fish and chips anyday, never know what these foreign buggers are selling you" brigade.:biggrin:

Top Bottom