Horsham/ Steyning area this weekend

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MikeG

Guru
My wife is running in the Steyning Stinger half marathon on Sunday, and we're making a weekend of it. I'll take my bike down, so I am after suggestions for a ride on Sunday morning whilst she is running. It looks like I'll only have time for about 25 miles.

All ideas welcome.

Mike

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Up the Bostal four or five times?

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
But seriously...

Steyning - Wiston - Ashington - Spear Hill - Hookland Lane - Broomers Corner - Whitehall - Smithers Hill Ln - Dragons Green - Netherwood - Southwater - Southwater Street/Coltstaple Lane/Broadwater Lane - Copsale - Maplehurst - Park Lane - Burnthouse Lane - Stonehouse Lane - Littleworth Lane - Littleworth - Partridge Green - B2195 - Ashurst - B2195 - Steyning

About 29 of your English miles.
(but please leave the hi-viz at home)

Last edited:
OP
OP
MikeG

MikeG

Guru
Brilliant folks, thanks very much. I'll pop these into Bike Hike and see what you are trying to get me to do.

Cheers

Mike

OP
OP
MikeG

MikeG

Guru
(but please leave the hi-viz at home)

I'm bringing a nice sharp fork with me. ;)

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
And Steyning Tea Rooms is lovely. Lean your pride and joy on the railings and take tea and cake (apres ride TMN please note) outside if it is clement.

Ladep Rewop

Starting at Steyning, I would suggest exit via the A2037 and then right along the Edburton road (this is a really nice ride along the Downs and you can see as far as the North Downs at some spots) toward Fulking, carry on towards Poynings and then head South towards Brighton past Devils Dyke.

You can then turn round and go back the way you came or carry on to the coast, turn right when you hit the sea, there is a cycle path along the coast here but you have to take it slowly as there will be a lot of pedestrians about, follow the coast as far as Shoreham and then pick up the Downs link back towards Steyning.

Sorry i don't have a link to a route but you should be able to get the idea via Google maps, hope this helps :rolleyes:

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Starting at Steyning, I would suggest exit via the A2037 and then right along the Edburton road (this is a really nice ride along the Downs and you can see as far as the North Downs at some spots) toward Fulking, carry on towards Poynings and then head South towards Brighton past Devils Dyke.

You can then turn round and go back the way you came or carry on to the coast, turn right when you hit the sea, there is a cycle path along the coast here but you have to take it slowly as there will be a lot of pedestrians about, follow the coast as far as Shoreham and then pick up the Downs link back towards Steyning.

Sorry i don't have a link to a route but you should be able to get the idea via Google maps, hope this helps :rolleyes:
If going that way, and there is no doubt Edburton Rd is a delight, can I recommend a right turn off Saddlescombe Road onto Devils Dyke Road so you go past Dyke Golf course. Saddlescombe Road is a bit of race track for nobber-drivers.

Top Bottom