Hotel Recommendations

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Herbie

Veteran
It occured to me that we all do a lot of travelling - either on bikes or off 'em - and between us, we should know some very good hotels. Therefore I'm starting a Hotel Recommendation thread and the lovely Admin is going to make it a sticky!

Know any good hotels??

The Benview B + B in Durness...very lovely house to stay in and equally lovely family...they are on You Tube just type in Tracy McKay Benview Durness...only £25 a night!

eshroom

Regular
This place rents rooms out cheap in Autumn and Spring (you wouldn't want to ride in Greece in Summer anyway) - and Corfu is a beautiful island for 2-3 days of riding.

http://www.sanstefanoestate.com/

hoopdriver

Guru
I love cycling in Orkney and my favourite place to stay up there is Holland House, near Dounby. Really nice old Victorian place and run by extremely friendly people. I'd have to say it is among the best B&Bs i've ever stayed in.

MarkF

Guru
Pension Alamar Barcelona, I've stayed in some right dives in BCN but this pension was s.p.o.t.l.e.s.s. It also, unusually for an upper floor cheap pension, has a lift. Just paid 25 eu for a clean room, big kitchen with all facilities and shared bathrooms. Near the bottom of Las Ramblas, 5 minutes walk from Dressanes Metro, 1 minute walk from Placa Reial.

Biscuit

Legendary Member
Pension Alamar Barcelona, I've stayed in some right dives in BCN but this pension was s.p.o.t.l.e.s.s. It also, unusually for an upper floor cheap pension, has a lift. Just paid 25 eu for a clean room, big kitchen with all facilities and shared bathrooms. Near the bottom of Las Ramblas, 5 minutes walk from Dressanes Metro, 1 minute walk from Placa Reial.

Stayed there too - +1 on the recommendation.

Hi all ,is it ok to recommend my own chalet here ?
We are in the French alps ,Macot la Plagne & can sleep groups of 6 in 3 separate twin rooms ,priced at just £58 per night per person including breakfast ,afternoon cake & tea & 3 course evening meal ,all prepared myself a chef for 20 years .
Here is the latest review we have received on trip advisor :
Cannot recommend anything better. We just had an absolutely awesome week here in Macot La Plagne. One of the best locations for cycling holidays in the French Alps. Amazing three course meals, better than the restaurants, cake, coffee, massive breakfasts and great hospitality. Central location in Tarentaise valley with access to Col d'Iseran one end and Courchavel the other plus many many other cols. http://www.maisonleroux.com/

I totally love this place, quiet, comfortable and very welcoming. Up in the foothills 1-2km above Aime and on the way up to La plagne. Bourg St Maurice is just 30-45 mins along the most beautiful cycle track I have ever ridden where you can take on The Cormet du Roseland, Col d'Iseran and Col du St Petit Bernard. Check out the smaller, local climb of Notre Dame du Pre literally just up the road, great little climb of less than an hour from both sides...but steep !
We have availability for dates throughout august ,september 2013 & for members of this forum if you contact me with the code alpscycle13 we will give you a 10% booking reduction on groups of over 4 .
Travel to the chalet /
Ferries to France & self drive to the chalet
Regular flights to Geneva & we can organize at a reduced price private transfer to the chalet for under £380 for your group including bike carriage .
There is also a train from Geneva or Lyon to the local town of Aime where we can collect you & your bikes & luggage .

Happy riding
millymoo2511@gmail.com

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Re..._Roux-Macot_la_Plagne_Savoie_Rhone_Alpes.html

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Mallorca.....port de Pollenca.....up North

Hotel Capri....right on the sea front, great breakfast, cycle friendly. Good price, especially October, November. Wonderful cycling location. Close to the mountains but lots of flat riding as well.

View from Hotel Capri.

image_zps5a850528.jpg

image_zps7499e9d9.jpg

Steve

Last edited:

david k

Hi
At the risk of stating the obvious TRAVELODGE although not very plush offer rooms in most of the U.K. for £19 if you book early
I've just returned from a short tour using Travelodge and they were great - family room - bath - shower - tv - coffee - tea and secure bike storage for £9.50 each per night

can you not just put the bike in the room?

Top Bottom