Hotmail/Samsung Galaxy question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
I tend to use the laptop for emails but occasionally (try to) send via the Galaxy.
I can compose it. I can add photos. BUT...i cannot work out how to actually send the thing ie what symbol to press that actually sends it.
I have just composed one and again there is NOTHING that says "press here to send".
As I tried various possibilities it kept on closing down so that I had reopen it and go to draft.
Eventually it seemed to be lost but when I went to the 'sent' section, there it was. But I have no idea how that happened.
Heeellllppp.

sleuthey

Legendary Member
I assume you mean outlook. If so when you have populated the email address field the symbol to the top right that looks like a paper aeroplane goes white and you press it

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
gmail ?
Write an email

1. On your Android phone or tablet, open the Gmail app
    7xPf0EOsVTZmbxoawEfSXelswwqs9sMNbeP6.png
  2. In the bottom right, tap Compose
    J83A01UB01xDdCwXh2eKISVQxsMwklH7sIz-_0hhMRPTdM=h18.png
  3. In the "To" field, add recipients. If you want, you can also add recipients in the "Cc" and "Bcc" fields.
  4. Add a subject.
  5. Write your message.
  6. At the top of the page, tap Send
    Send

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
I assume you mean outlook. If so when you have populated the email address field the symbol to the top right that looks like a paper aeroplane goes white and you press it
View attachment 500484
Showing my absolute ignorance here (again).
Its a Hotmail email address.
Does that make it Outlook??
When I open and type the email, at the top the heading shows.....
< Compose paperclip(for attaching files
an envelope 3 dots
I think I may have sussed it:rolleyes:. Just done a dummy email to my Bro, tried various things THEN the envelope......and it seemed to go. It shows in my sent items.

So......whats the difference between Hotmail and Outlook ???

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
gmail ?
Write an email

1. On your Android phone or tablet, open the Gmail app View attachment 500485 .
  2. In the bottom right, tap Compose View attachment 500486 .
  3. In the "To" field, add recipients. If you want, you can also add recipients in the "Cc" and "Bcc" fields.
  4. Add a subject.
  5. Write your message.
  6. At the top of the page, tap Send
    Send
Thanks but its definitely not GMail. I have GMail as I was forced to by google but I never use it.

sleuthey

Legendary Member
Showing my absolute ignorance here (again).
Its a Hotmail email address.
Does that make it Outlook??
When I open and type the email, at the top the heading shows.....
< Compose paperclip(for attaching files
an envelope 3 dots
I think I may have sussed it:rolleyes:. Just done a dummy email to my Bro, tried various things THEN the envelope......and it seemed to go. It shows in my sent items.

So......whats the difference between Hotmail and Outlook ???
Outlook is Microsoft's app for accessing emails. Hotmail is an account type owned by Microsoft.

Top Bottom