Hotmail Virus??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gary r

Guru
everyone in my hotmail address book has been sent an emil from my account titled "spohie frenay"....any ideas what this could be??could it be a virus??any help appreciated i know i didnt sent it!!!!!

philipbh

Spectral Cyclist
Probably an automated password hack according to my IT guru - he had his hacked recently with someone sending a tempting handbag offer

His fix was to change his password to something more secure - no harm done otherwise - though I expect your address book has been harvested for future spamming

philipbh

Spectral Cyclist
coruskate said:
Your IT guru uses guessable passwords? Have you sacked him? Perhaps you should

Err, it would seem so...

TBH it was his own Hotmail account that has been unused for quite a while, the email he had for me is at least four years old for example

zacklaws

Guru
This happened to me just a short while ago. First thing I knew about it was, I could not access the internet and when I rung the helpline, my account had been suspended because my computer was banging out spam from my email account and users had complained about it. Next day I also received a letter from my internet provider.

I was recomended to do a full anti virus scan and I found about 5 trojans which I deleted, rung the helpline again, who reconnected me to the net and advised me to install "Malwarebytes" ( a free spyware, trojans program etc) and scan my system with that which found a couple more trojans on my system which I deleted which AVG antivirus, Adaware and Spybot on my system did not find

Top Bottom