Hour Record (may contain spoilers)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
Hoping he gifts me a spare when he is done

I'm going to suggest a new rule to the UCI - the total length of publicity for an event cannot exceed the total time of the event. So only one hour max of publicity for the hour record. Release all info about the event within a one hour window. And that's it.

I remember the Graeme Obree farce where the bike design was banned between morning and afternoon sessions.

First of all the saddle was too far forward, then after he shortened the saddle so the position met the criteria, the altered saddle was banned as it was no longer a saddle that was "commercially available"

He then obtained a commercially available child's saddle, but that was also banned

On another occasion his handlebars became illegal

I wonder whether Wiggins bike would be able to pass all the hoops that Obree was forced to jump through?

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I remember the Graeme Obree farce where the bike design was banned between morning and afternoon sessions.

First of all the saddle was too far forward, then after he shortened the saddle so the position met the criteria, the altered saddle was banned as it was no longer a saddle that was "commercially available"

He then obtained a commercially available child's saddle, but that was also banned

I wonder whether Wiggins bike would be able to pass all the hoops that Obree was forced to jump through?
You do know why there's been an upsurge in interest and attempts lately, don't you?

screenman

Legendary Member

I thought all that lot was for the pursuit, a long time ago so my memory may not be 100%.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
.....and he is off. Are we allowed to post updates in here?

Top Bottom