house prices

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

brand

The price ain't posh!!
Nor is necessarily under price if it needs work doing to it. I suppose if you are in no hurry you could wait and see if you just hot a load of cheeky buggers. If no one offers the asking price after say 6 months (total) then you maybe asking to much. Some estate agents over value.

Last edited:

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
I didn't know the Georgians built flats .

Turbo Rider

Just can't reMember
Hard to tell what it's worth as well. Go to three different agents and you'll get a wide berth of figures and all will have their own tactics on sale. Prices fluctuate all the time and surveyors have a habit of undervaluing at the moment, so even once you have an offer, things can change, especially if there are retentions involved with the mortgage lender (they hold money back until the completion of works, effectively meaning that the buyer has to find extra ££ to complete the sale, which is maybe what happened in ColinJ's example). Best outcome is a cash buyer with no chain.

If you need comparable figures then mouseprice and zoopla are pretty good places to start, as they show sale prices in your area, which is what a surveyor will base his report on, along with market conditions and other factors.

OP
OP
Sandra6

Sandra6

Veteran
I didn't know the Georgians built flats .
Funnily enough the bloke interested seemed quite bemused by the idea that it was once a house, not a bank with a flat above. I think his understanding of history falters around 1901.

You have me thinking now . I built a library for a couple in one of these flats . http://www.primelocation.com/for-sale/details/34057309?featured=1#pJ6WYdyCrylkD0iv.97 But is it Georgian ?
Looks almost exactly like mine ;-)

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Funnily enough the bloke interested seemed quite bemused by the idea that it was once a house, not a bank with a flat above. I think his understanding of history falters around 1901.

Looks almost exactly like mine ;-)
I hope your porter is a bit nicer than the one there . He was a proper nobber .

Doseone

Guru
If your purchaser is getting a mortgage make sure that they are using a lender who will lend on a flat which is situated above a commercial premises. Some lenders won't lend on flats above commercial.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
True but then the nearest alternatives are Reading and Camberley so next to them it looks rather nice!
You remind me of when I went to a job interview/day in Bracknell, and asked one of the 'young recruits' assigned to see us round whether Bracknell was really such a ghost town as it seemed or whether there was actually anything to do in town of an evening. 'Well,' he said, looking a bit uncertain, 'there are one or two pubs that are ok, but to be honest, if we want a night out we tend to go to Reading.'

Top Bottom