Housework hates?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I actually like hovering............seeing the stuff the Dyson Animal hooks up.... flippin heck, and we do it at least once a day.............. dark red carpets aren't good with kids, show crumbs up everywhere, and cat hair................shocking..............

I hate putting anything away: dishes, clothes, filing documents etc.
Any kind of housework is depressing if I'm tired after work. I have a policy that I never do housework at the weekend, so it has to be a week night. I often don't have the time, inclination or energy to do a really good job...

marooncat

I hate housework totally and our house tends to be in a permanent state of "bomb site" and only gets totally tidied when people are due round.

I would love to have a cleaner but just can not justify the money :-(

Mille

Fab Foodie said:
We have a cleaner to come in a do the bathrooms, toilet, kitchen or any other bits that need doing. £20/week well spent. We both work and have 3 kids, we spend enough of our weekends 'working' in one way or another, the cleaner eases the burden.
So good is she, that I was of sick today and she arrived early whilst I was asleep... she brought me a cuppa in bed! A1 Star!

My mate has one of those sorts of 'cleaners' ;)

Claire

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Hoovering. Someone seems to break our hoovers and it flipping well isn't me. We currently have three, all of which kind of work if you use them in a certain way, but are liable to stop mid-hoover. I've always hated it, even when it was a chore when we were kids. My siblings used to (and still do) laugh about me ending up fighting with the furniture. ;)

Cathryn

Legendary Member
We got a cleaner when the baby came. I don't mind the house being messy but it's good to know there's nothing mouldering or growing in a corner. £20/week and the best money we spend.

Personally, I hate hoovering as well. Pain in the bottom.

postman

Legendary Member
What did i do yesterday .Instead of sitting still .Pulled my back out .Iwas in agony .Back still sore and tender this morning .Could not stand up when it first went .Mobiled my mate to come over and help me up .Wearing a heat pad at the mo '.Stiff as a board this morning .Stupid old fool i am .Told to rest and take it easy for three weeks .Do i take any notice .I'll never learn .

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
Beardie said:
Anyone know of a really good way of getting limescale off the toilet? It's a bit beyond the proprietary stuff I've tried, as it is now almost at the hammer-and-cold-chisel stage.

2Loose said:

+1. same pH as vinegar

theres a story that the coke truckers use the stuff to clean their engines down.

our pet hate is hoovering, we all hate doing it

Sometimes I hate it, and sometimes I don't.
So apart from the basic "if this isn't done, we'll all die of cholera" stuff, I just wait until I feel like doing it,or I want a break from work.

But I have a neighbour who serves as a constant reminder that no one ever had
" Here lies Mrs Whatever, A life well lived : She polished and cleaned all day every day, whether she needed to or not" put on their gravestone.

Life is short enough as it is, and there is far too much fun to be had in this world of ours!;):laugh::biggrin:

Arch

Married to Night Train
I'm a bit slovenly about housework. A visit from Mum tends to be my catalyst to hoover.

I don't even own an ironing board - just a padded cloth to put on the table.

And there's all those little jobs you never get round to. Today, after months of thinking I should, I got the white spirit out and cleaned the glue left behind by sellotape off a couple of pairs of scissors. Took seconds, but put it off for ages!

Noodley

I enjoy cooking, ironing, hoovering, cleaning the bathroom, and..nope, that's it.

I don't see the point of cleaning windows as we stay in the middle of a field...

I don't seem to do housework at the times which Mrs Noodley thinks I should i.e first thing, as I am not a morning person....so I miss out on a lot of it :tongue::laugh:

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
fossyant said:
I actually like hovering............seeing the stuff the Dyson Animal hooks up.... flippin heck, and we do it at least once a day.............. dark red carpets aren't good with kids, show crumbs up everywhere, and cat hair................shocking..............

I don't mind ironing, it's mindless and I can do it in front of the telly (an excuse to watch a grand-prix or summat) or listen to 'my' music as opposed to everybody elses...

Hoovering can be treated as a workout.

Plax

Guru
I hate the thought of housework, but once I get going I'm fine and wonder why I put it off for so long.
If I had to choose I would say dusting. I hate dusting, it never seems to stay "dusted" for more than a couple of days. Must be the coal fire.

Top Bottom