Hovering message (for want of a better phrase)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Houthakker

A Happy Wanderer
When I used to hover the mouse over a thread title, it would display a few lines of the first post, but now I jut het a message saying "Show first unread thread" Not sure if its a change on the site, or something to do with my Windows. Anyone else noticed it?

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
It works for me. As tested on your (this) thread. Chrome. Windows 7.

Shaun

Founder
I updated the site software today, so just to rule out older cached files causing a problem, can you please fire-up your browser, visit CC and then press CTRL+F5 to force reload everything. Now try the hover - is it fixed?

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

NealM

I'm using Microsoft Edge on Windows 10 , and getting the first couple of lines of the post (as normal).. So I'd suggest something to do with your computer..

Shaun

Founder
Okay, give this a go and let me know:
  1. Start Edge
  2. Click the triple dots at the upper right corner ...
  3. Click Settings
  4. Under the heading 'Clear browsing data' click the button Choose what to clear
  5. Click 'Show more v' near the bottom
  6. Untick all the boxes
  7. Tick: Cookies and website saved data and Cached data and files
  8. Click the Clear button at the bottom
  9. Click the triple dots ... and press CTRL+F5 to reload the page
Try the hover action again and let me know if it works now?

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

Martok

Klingon on a bike
I've got W10 and Edge on both my PC and laptop. Works fine on the PC, but still got the problem with the laptop. Works fine with Firefox.
Does your laptop have a touch screen?

I'm wondering if Edge thinks your device is touch enabled (even if it isn't) and therefore isn't showing hover events (which aren't available on touch devices such as tablets or mobiles). Out of interest, do the menus appear when you hover over your name/Inbox/Alerts at the top right of CycleChat?

Martok

Klingon on a bike
Hi. Yes it is a touch screen, and no, I don't get any pop ups when hovering over name etc
That's the problem then. Edge is seeing your laptop as a touch device with no hover capability, whereas Firefox correctly identifies your laptop as being that (albeit with a touch screen) and therefore displays hover events.

Top Bottom