How a bicycle is made 1945 style.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Roadrider48

Voice of the people
I watched that once. Really interesting.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Very interesting indeed. I would like to take on of those girls to fit a tube and tyre in 50 seconds next time I go out, just in case mind. :okay:

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Very interesting video. Unfortunately the period after it was made saw the start of the decline of bike manufacturing in the UK due to the availability of cheap mass produced cars and the working class association of the cycle.

D

Deleted member 1258

Thanks for posting that, I hadn't seen it for ages, the assembly seemed very labour intensive.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
I couldn't see what the manufacturers name was? As a youngster I remember my dad cycling to work on something just like that, even with the white patch on the rear mudguard. I have an old photo of him in 1948 going to work on it.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Was it narrated by Mr Cholmley-Warner?

midlife

Guru
I couldn't see what the manufacturers name was? As a youngster I remember my dad cycling to work on something just like that, even with the white patch on the rear mudguard. I have an old photo of him in 1948 going to work on it.

The Heron on the chainwheel is a Raleigh trademark, not seen it for a while, thanks for the link to the vid Mr OP :smile:

Shaun

Top Bottom